is this a scam???

Answered!

is this a scam???

so basically i found a nice apartment with low price for the area and i was very happy to get an answer from the rental person but then i got some fishy e-mails from him and i was in doubt if this is real or not..i need some advice and help plz here are the emails...

Hello,

I am the owner of the apartment, and i'm happy to let you know that my apartment is presently available even for long and short term periods. I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Ehingen, but now she's back home in Netherlands, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time ( preferable for long periods).
The apartment is exactly like in the pictures. The utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spot, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are included in the price.
Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long.

Thank you

thats the first email

Hi,
Unfortunately i cant be present to deal in person and we need a safe way to complete this deal, this is why I posted the apartment also on Airbnb.com, because it's one of the biggest renting websites from the world, and i have a great feedback there. The price will not increase for the whole period that you will stay there.
If you are really interested to rent it, i need your name and your address where i can send you the legal contract and the key from apartment.
I am requesting the first month + 1 month deposit warranty.
After that i can give you the link and you can make everything through them.
Thank you

after he said that he cant be in person i was really really suspicious

So, make the booking and payment through airbnb, and you will receive the key and the contract in 48 hours! As soon as you receive the key, you make the inspection of the apartment! In case that after the inspection you decide to not stay into the apartment, you send me the key back, the contract is null, and airbnb will return the money to your bank account! In case that you decide to remain into apartment, you sign the contract, and contact airbnb to confirm your decision! After your confirmation airbnb will send the money to my account! I hope that I was clear! Please decide fast, because I have other persons expecting my answer and I need to know what to do!
P.S. If you are agree with my conditions, in my next email I will give you the link with my auction from airbnb! Your moving date is ok for me, but the reservation and payment must be made now! The payment will be taken in consideration from the moment when you will move into apartment!

thats the 3rd email seriously pay for something that you have no idea if it even exists

Here you have the airbnb details:
http://airbnb.nl.tn/rooms/2427893
You will reserve 2 months from calendar, register, and make the payment
After these 2 months I`ll give you my bank account where you can make the payment every month. I hope everything is clear and I have your address to send the legal contract and the key from apartment.
Thank you

here is the last email from him with the link.... although i checked it out, its no a trusted connection so im 95% sure this is a scam but i want some more opinions

1 Best Answer
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Dimitrios22

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Rental-scam-using-Airbnb-How-should-I-go-forward-if-at-all/...

Make yourself a pot of strong tea, open a pack of waffeletten, sit back and have a read of this scam technique in the above link and be glad you didn't flush a few thousand euros away.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Common scam

David
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Dimitrios22

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Rental-scam-using-Airbnb-How-should-I-go-forward-if-at-all/...

Make yourself a pot of strong tea, open a pack of waffeletten, sit back and have a read of this scam technique in the above link and be glad you didn't flush a few thousand euros away.

yeah Elena i have already read some of the posts, from the start of this whole cheap apartment thing it smelled fishy as a tuna 😛

Laura1690
Level 9
Alexandria, VA

You are correct to be suspicious.  Any time they want to go around the platform and talk about signing contracts they are up to no good.  Report them and move on to find something else.  Whenever I get messages like this I straight up tell them I am reporting them for violations of the terms of use and I will not be involved with them.  Then you forward the messages to the Airbnb email. You should do a search here of how to report them and then just be done with it.  I can't recall the address and since you are in a different country I am not sure if it would be the same anyway.  

Good luck!