listing is not the same location

Peggy73
Level 1
Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Indonesia

listing is not the same location

helo everyone, i booked a place in LA near the metrorail in airbnb map. but when i got the confirmation the address is way off the metrorail like 1.5 miles away. meaning i have to walk 25mins to get to the actual place. the only reason i booked it is because it is near the metrorail. i tried to get answer from the host asking about why is the address that he sent me is not the same from what i get in airbnb map but he is not that communicative. and if canceled i will only get 50% refund cos its a strict listing. i feel like im being lied to. is this normal in airbnb? this is the first time i encounter this problem with airbnb listing. i understand that airbnb wont give the exact address till i make the booking but usually the location is in the circled map on the airbnb listing. and this is clearly far off from the circled map. how do i make the complaint to airbnb? this is not what i booked for.

2 Replies 2
Sora0
Level 7
Singapore

100-200 metre difference are acceptable however 1.5 miles is way too much. you can email airbnb and told them what happened. you can get the penalty waived if the fault really lies on the host. top right corner > help > left panel > contact us.

Peggy73
Level 1
Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Indonesia

thanks sora. i just contact airbnb and still waiting for their reply