long message gets cut off...

Maria552
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

long message gets cut off...

I'm leave a long message for a guest, I send it, and it gets cut off.  So i re-write, and it still chops it up?  Any idea why this is happening?

12 Replies 12
Stephanie6
Level 10
Boulder, CO

Hi @Maria552, Are you referring to text messages?  If so, a long text will always be cut off.  The full message is visible in the airbnb app and online (also in email).  I try to put the important information in the first sentence (check in time, check out time, access code, etc.).

My recently cell phone text message alert stopped couple months age. Nice to have a couple line heads-up first.

Did talk to support group. He got no help to me all.

@Sam467  Don't give up. Start another support stream and keep at them until they respond appropriately. This happened to me about a year ago. I had to go through several messages with the CS - they kept responding with idiotic stuff like "Maybe your text message box is full". Uh, no, I'm not that stupid. "Maybe it's a problem with your phone provider". Uh, no.

Anything to not have to accept responsibility and act. Finally he admitted it was a tech issue on their end. It took a month for them to start sending me text notifications again, but now I get them.

I'm a guest and so far I

've found this to be the case. Only just booked though. Looks like I'll have to use the text arrival just as an alert but go to Airb&b messenger for my full message. 

Nancy162
Level 1
Melrose, MA

I have the same problem -- today for the first time.  It's not a text, it's a regular airbnb message.  How can I get in touch with Airbnb directly to get an answer?

Mendel1
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

did anyone find a solution to the problem, im getting the same problem. 

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

How are you sending the message? On the Airbnb platform, email, or texting? I communicate with guests primarily on the Airbnb platform. Works like a charm. If the guest is receiving the message with a mobile device, it could be a problem on their end. I notice I see much more and can do much more with the Airbnb platform when I use my computer. With my iphone I can't access everything and I don't always see messages in full.

Guest here. My host is texting me and all msgs getting cut of and “…” inserted as if an auto function by the platform.

Essentially Texting communication doesn’t  work. Unless msg is one, super short sentence. Some hosts are concise others not so much.

Texting does trigger an email though, but to read email message I must click link, and then log on with an AirBnB secret code the platform texts me (6 digits) which pops up for a nano second then disappears, then I toggle back and forth from text to email, put in code and then read the message. From a guest user POV it’s a big pain in the butt. 

Christine518
Level 1
North Vancouver, Canada

Is anybody else having this problem? I'm sending email using the Airbnb platform on my computer (not text), and I just discovered that some of my directions did not get sent to the guest. It appeared to send the complete message initially, but I looked again today and the email was truncated oddly after 168 words. Does anybody know if there's a way to contact airbnb about this issue?

Yes. I send a message using AirBnB's message service to each guest with information about keys, parking space, wifi password, etc. It's worked well for months then recently started cutting off my message after only 5-6 words. Another problem is that the wifi key contains a telephone-like number, so AirBnB cuts it out of my messages. This is a real problem.

Tomáš5
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Hi All, 

my friend just experienced with this issue - when he was promted to verify with text message he got always only half of the text message. I didnt work with my phone number as well. The official support didnt help, we should try different browser. (????:))

The solution was to delete number from your profile, Add it again but do not verify it through text message but to use phone call for code. after few seconds we got a call from with automated voice saying code... and voiala phone verified:)

hope it helps someone in the future.

Tomas

Ben570
Level 1
Anstey, United Kingdom

I've just had the same issue within the AirBnB messenger. It appears to have been triggered by the "<" character.

My message should have read;

Paragraph 1 (which contained the < character)

Paragraph 2

Paragraph 3

But was cut short to read

Paragraph 1 (cut off at exactly < character) + The last few letters of paragragh 3.

Caused a lot of confusion then!