not been paid

Debbie31
Level 1
Timperley, United Kingdom

not been paid

Hi, i have not been paid yet by airbnb, it's been 7 days and i'm set up on a paypal arrangement.

My guest gave me a good review so i know there is no problem there.

how can i ask for payment please?

the transaction says 'pending'

how can i get in touch with airbnb to find out why?

this is not fair. i put a lot of effort in as a new host and i am feeling like it is a rip off. i let somebody stay in my house and gave them a great breakfast for free ! ?????

thanks

debbie.

1 Reply 1
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Debbie31 Hi Debbie, Airbnb are usually very good at passing on hosting payments.....much better than some other hosting companies! I never have to wait more than a few days after a guest arrives for payment! The fact the you are receiving a message "Payment Pending' indicates that there is a problem with the payment channel to your account! It may be a problem on the Paypal side of things. I could never understand why the introduction of yet another 'Middleman' can improve methods of payment, but, there you go!!

Did you offer account details to Airbnb (apart from Paypal) when you set up your listing, and did you receive a miniscule payment to your bank account of a few pence to verify that your payment details are correct?? This is standard Airbnb proceedure!

If you have done these things then I suggest you contact Airbnb in United Kingdom+44 203 318 1111 and give them the reservation number of the guest, explain the situation and they will run through the payment verification details with you and make sure that payment is attended to!! But Paypal......Debbie, that's another issue, I have been dudded by them in the past and will not use Paypal, FULL STOP!!

It is not uncommon for direct transfer payments to be delayed up to 7 days if weekends and public holidays are involved. The banking industry makes sure it makes the most use of your money before it actually reaches your account!!!