payment question

Jenny112
Level 2
Larchmont, NY

payment question

Hi, I'm a new host.  My potential guest asked me about paying a deposit.  What is the process when a guest pays Airbnb?  I can't find it on the website.  I know Airbnb doesn't pay me a deposit.  I'm not sure if they ask for one or not.

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Jenny112 it's like booking a flight online - 100% up front. You get paid the day after check in, which depending on your bank, country, and whether there is a bank holiday or Sunday can extend to several days. PayPal is great and fast.

(Only exception to 100% payment right away is if rental is long-term and has different specifics).

Hi Andrea,

Great, thanks for the quick info!

Jenny

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

If you're talking about a Holding Deposit, there is none. The guest pays in full when they book.

If you're talking about a Security Deposit, you can set an amount for a security deposit (to protect your interests). Do this through Host > Manage Settings > Calendar and More > Pricing Settings. Airbnb will put a hold on the guest's funds for the amount of the security deposit. After the guest stay is complete, if you make no claims before the next guest checks in (or within 14 days whichever is earlier), the hold will be released. Actual funds do not change hands unless a claim is processed.

Hi, 
Thanks for the reply.  I was meaning a holding deposit not security deposit.  Thanks again.  Jenny