price per night vs discount per week

Pierre575
Level 2
Messery, France

price per night vs discount per week

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for your help.

In pricing, I set a price per night at 165, minimum 2 nights. Then I set a weekly price at 640.

My problem is : if a traveller requests 4, 5 or even 6 nights, then they pay more than the week ! At 6 nights, it is ridiculous, they would pay 165 x 6 = 990 instead of the 640 for one more night.

IOW, AirBnB does not start to apply the weekly discount before 7 nights are indeed booked.

My problem is also that I want to keep my minimum 2 nights, so I must keep the price per night at 165 (minimum revenue 330)

Is there a way around this ? Is there a way to have price per night decrease progressively between 2 and 7 nights, instead of dropping abruptly only at 7 nights ? (I know Expedia / Homeaway works pricing that way)

Thanks to anyone able to advise !

4 Replies 4
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Pierre575 I think its available in rule sets which is available with the professional hosting tools.(you need to switch them on)

Go to your account settings and then click on "settings" and switch on "professional hosting tools"

Next go to your calander and create a new rule for custom length of stay discounts.

Have fun, it blows your brain untill you're use to it.

Untitled4.jpg

Perfect !!! Exactly what I needed, thank you so much. I have already used it.

... I just hope the "professional" tools will not be an opportunity for AirBnB or the French administration to place me in a "professional" category and tax me some new way : )

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Pierre575

Access "Princing":

Screenshot_2018-12-15 Edit listing '❤ Comfort, privacy and quietude ' - Airbnb.png

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Thanks Ricardo.

I also needed to monitor the dates when this progressive discount applies. I did not want it to be a blanket discount all year long, only for certain specific weeks.

Conclusion : it works perfectly with the professional tools, that is great

Thanks for caring

Cheers