pricing per night is not working

Answered!
Caroline375
Level 2
Paris, France

pricing per night is not working

HI Airbnb community,

Can anyone tell me why I am receiving requests from guests at the wrong price?

I have a price per month and a price per night, yet Airbnb is offering short-term guests the monthly rate, not the nightly one.

How can I urgently fix this?

The nightly rate is clearly stated in my settings, yet somehow guests must not be seeing it.

Thanks for your help.

Caroline

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Caroline375,

When I looked at your listing it seems that the base price is set to €89 and the calendar price for each day is set to €57.

There is no monthly discount set. If a monthly discount is set it will show in the "Prices section" seen in the screenshot below.

It also shows the price for the 20th of August as €57.

The usual way to set a monthly rate is to specify a monthly discount. Go to "pricing settings" on the calendar and click on "Edit" in the "Length-of-stay prices" section to set a monthly discount.

I may be wrong but it looks llike the base price is set to €89. This is the price set when you go to your calendar and select "pricing settings" and then click on the "Edit" button in the "Nightly price" section. That's the price that shows when guests search but before they enter any dates.

It looks like €57 is set as the calendar price. If you click on a date on the calendar does the price show as €57?

If so then that's why guests booking short term stays like one night get that rate.

If the above explains what's wrong then you should:

1) change the price for all calendar dates to be €87. You can click on the first date and then enter start and end dates and the new price.

2) set a monthly discount percentage in the "Lenght-of-stay prices" section of "pricing settings" on your calendar.

Hope that helps.

Steve.

Screenshot (138).png

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Caroline375,

When I looked at your listing it seems that the base price is set to €89 and the calendar price for each day is set to €57.

There is no monthly discount set. If a monthly discount is set it will show in the "Prices section" seen in the screenshot below.

It also shows the price for the 20th of August as €57.

The usual way to set a monthly rate is to specify a monthly discount. Go to "pricing settings" on the calendar and click on "Edit" in the "Length-of-stay prices" section to set a monthly discount.

I may be wrong but it looks llike the base price is set to €89. This is the price set when you go to your calendar and select "pricing settings" and then click on the "Edit" button in the "Nightly price" section. That's the price that shows when guests search but before they enter any dates.

It looks like €57 is set as the calendar price. If you click on a date on the calendar does the price show as €57?

If so then that's why guests booking short term stays like one night get that rate.

If the above explains what's wrong then you should:

1) change the price for all calendar dates to be €87. You can click on the first date and then enter start and end dates and the new price.

2) set a monthly discount percentage in the "Lenght-of-stay prices" section of "pricing settings" on your calendar.

Hope that helps.

Steve.

Screenshot (138).png

Bertha-M0
Level 1
Cancún, Mexico

Hello:

I am a host my price is $ 200 nightly & I have a requests for less, & airbnb said that I accepted this & its not the right pirce??? It says $ 30 usd nightly this ia wrong, what should I do? 

URGENT??>?

@Bertha-M0 you don't say which of your listings has the wrong pricing, so I looked at both listings.

They seem to have the same $206 price for all available days.

I know you are talking about days that were booked, but I cannot see those.

(BTW, this is not Airbnb; this is just a discussion board where guests and hosts can chat with each other.)

If there was something wrong with the pricing on a specific reservation, you should contact Airbnb support directly and ask why the price was so unexpectedly different.

Abnia-Maria0
Level 2
Havana, Cuba

Hi, i have set prices from 18 to 100 USD pero night, with a 10% discount for stay over 7 day and the same for 30 days. However, i Have received one booking at USD 14. Why? Thnx. @casadomenechhavana@@