problem with comunication

problem with comunication

I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of problem and if they have any suggestions of what is best to do.  I have a guest booked to arrive this coming weekend, and due to our set up I require an estimated time of arrival so that I can leave the gate open for them.  I have messaged my guest twice but have not heard back from them.  It is now becoming important as we have to go out on the day they are arriving and I need to know so that I can arrange access to the cottage for them.  Any suggestions on how to best contact my guest? 

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Vikki5

Have you tried sending a message to their mobile number ?  I always make sure at the time of booking that the mobile number in their profile is the one used when travelling.  You can also try and finding them on Facebook and use messenger, same with Whats App.  It is also an idea to ask guests to download the airbnb app to their profile to receive push notification on messages.

If everything fails, contact airbnb to assist you.  They should have an emergency number.  

If everything fails, hang a note on the door with the contact number for the key holder and other instructions.

@Vikki5

I've been lucky so no such problems with guests, but I have faced similar problems in a different context. 

What I did was give kind of an ultimatum (nicely worded)- basically, if you do not reply and don't provide ETA by tonight, then don't blame me when you end up waiting on the street for 1~2 hrs until I can arrange to send someone or get there myself. 

Also you can send e-mails and I think you can also see the guest's phone no. so maybe you can try contacting thru other channels. 

Good luck~!