problems with login

problems with login

Hi there,

I've suddenly got a problem with loggin into my account though the username and password are OK. The message I'm getting is "I'm not a robot," and I'm waiting and waiting for access but nothing is happening. Even when I tried to contact a potential guest through the message I received from Airbnb on my gmail account, I pressed the accept/decline button and still couldn't get access. This morning I was finally able to press the accept/decline button in that message and was able to successfully login to my airbnb account, but when I go directly to the airbnb website and log in, I still get the same message "I'm not a robot," after entering my password and nothing happens. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? It's urgent because I couldn't reply to the potential guest in time (though within 24 hours) and had a cancellation. Your help is appreciated.

Margit

39 Replies 39
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Margit15 @Lynn436 @Lizzie @Sarah977

@Inger14 @Denis370 @Oliver-and-Eliza0 @Nathan335 @Threewin-Homestay0 @Jerry268 

Just giving the headsup this issue appears to have arisen again trying to use "Captcha" on mobile phones,

Unfortunately it arose for me after one had cleared one's cache & was perfectly fine prior to then.

One of my guests alerted me to it so make sure you have each others phone numbers in advance if you need to touch base offline.

Central To All Home & Location, Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand

Victoria881
Level 2
Catheys Valley, CA

Somethings changed.  I can no longer find an owner log in or link for it.   Very very frustrating and time consuming 

Im having the same issue on my android, get the captcha warning message, goes away and it keeps on looping as it wont sign me in, it does work on the website though...

Hello, someone with the same problem.

Instead of using the local domain (I'm from Germany, so for me it's .de ), I tipped in airbnb . com and then the log-in worked. 

I hope it will help someone out! But I'm not sure if there are some other reasons why it didn't work. 

Joerg35
Level 2
Karlsruhe, Germany

Same problem here:
After login the captcha pops up, but disappears immediatly before I could do anything (e.g. tick a box or answer a captcha question). I cannot get any further and need to use the desktop instead. - A working mobile app would be great!

Elisa588
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Same problem here, with Samsung Android phone. Captcha pops up, disappears immediately and can't do anything nor log in.

Abdulkarem0
Level 1
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Hello,

I fixed this problem by connecting my account to Facebook so connect your account and try to login again from your phone 🙂

Best of luck!

David4496
Level 2
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Same problem for me. In the app, Captcha appears, disappears and then endless loop. On the website the same login works fine. Please help

SAME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is completely infuriating!!!!!!!!!! 

Roy-and-Naomi0
Level 1
South Africa

Same problem, when trying to login,  captcha begins then dissapeares on Android phone.

Lynn436
Level 1
Providence Forge, VA

On a new Samsung tab 5se on the mobile app, asks for Captcha verification, I verify, it just spins and spins on the login page.  I can log in on my computer and on my old Galaxy Tab with no problems.

Tim100
Level 4
Edmonton, Canada

Same problem after changed password. I am using an Android Samsung phone. After you enter the user name and password, the captcha screen shows up and disappears like a flash, even I once managed to click on it, nothing happens except the spinning dots. 

AirBnB aware of our problems? How do we know AirBnB know our problems and is working on it or not? It is frustrating with ongoing guests in and out with lots of communication needed.

Rangel3
Level 1
Stuttgart, Germany

SOLUTION: Same Problem! Captcha appears very quickly then disappears, Login gets suspended. Tried all suggestions above. Nothing. 2 days long it's driving me crazy. Finally Called the hotline. Explained it exactly as it is. One day later I get a text from support asking me to try again. And voilà - it worked.

Call the support hotline.

Laura_C
Ex Airbnb
Ex Airbnb
Redwood City, CA

Hey all - if you were having problems with the Android captcha, the team released a new version of the app on Friday that resolved the issue. Sorry that it took so long! ~Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Margit15@Rangel3@Tim100@Lynn436@David4496@Abdulkarem0@Elisa588@Joerg35@Karolina90@Diego728@Victoria881@Inge25@Sarah-And-Michael0@Roy-and-Naomi0  @Denis370@Nathan335@Jerry268@Threewin-Homestay0@Kihwan1  

I just wanted to check you have seen @Laura_C's update regarding the app login on Android. Once you've updated you app, this should  now all work for you. Do let us know if you can. 🙂

Thanks so much for highlighting this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.