prostitution set up in basement apartment of single family home - Silver Spring, MD

Suzy28
Level 2
Silver Spring, MD

prostitution set up in basement apartment of single family home - Silver Spring, MD

July 8, 2018

For many reasons, I believe my most recent guest is a prostitute.  She says she's 18; lives 20 minutes from me; paid more than $600 for a six night reservation (what 18-year old can/would do this?); watched tv during the day; had late evening guests who stayed less than 2 hours; showered before and after guest visits (I hear the shower from upstairs in the house); her messages convey the mindset of someone more mature than her years or appearance.  Describes in her profile her love for solitude and in her messages that she and her  "friends" are quiet when they're together.  She never could say whether a "friend" would stay over night or visit and leave.  Yikes!  It makes sense!  I'm sick!

Should I write a review for her?  She communicated well, was quiet and left the apartment neat.  In theory, she'd get a 5-star rating.  If I write a review, she will be able to instant book with other hosts. This is a problem with instant book.  Would asking for a copy of a government issued ID with photo for every guest solve this problem?  I welcome feedback!

Suzy

5-star Superhost of 3 years

32 Replies 32

@Yulianna0 Did you even read her post? She did NOT state "no visitors at any time". That's not part of her listing as far as I know. I certainly agree that IF that is part of your policy, then any visitors at all are in fact violating your policy.

However, if you do NOT have that policy in place, and have never expressed in any way that visitors aren't welcome... that's different. You see the difference, right? 

@Morgan0, if someone is entering house of other there are rules of courtesy, at least. Even if she did not stated “no other visitors”. Guest has to ask if he or she can invite someone. He or she is a temporary guest, not housemate. Booked for one - one can enter. 

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Or imagine if you are incorrect and the guest complains to Airbnb. Having read some of the recent threads about account shut downs, I would avoid being to direct....