real estate license

Danielle47
Level 1
Flagstaff, AZ

real estate license

Hi All,

I want to manage the guests for Airbnb rentals, do I need a real estate license to do this?

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Danielle47 I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Do you mean that you would like to be a kind of travel agent for Airbnb guests? If so, I don't think that would work as you would be making 3rd party reservations on behalf of guests.  Except for Travel Managers making reservations for their employees on Business Travel Ready listings, Airbnb forbids 3rd party reservations.  Hosts don't like these kinds of reservations either since they have no idea who is coming in the door and don't have any means of communicating with them including leaving reviews.  

And, as the reserving guest, you would be held responsible for the guest's behaviour including any damage they might do.  Don't think you'd want that. 

Hope this enlightens you a bit!

Hi! No- I would essentially be managing over people's Airbnb rentals like Pillow for instance. However someone told me I need a real estate lisence to do this. https://www.pillowhomes.com/pillow

I would be maanging guest communicaiton, cleanings, key drop offs, linens, ect.. 

Thanks for any input!

Danielle

Ah, @Danielle47, that's a horse of a different color!  Requiring a real estate license might be a state requirement but not one Airbnb requires.  In fact, Airbnb is, and/or will be, rolling out an Additional Host feature which gives permission to another person to manage properties.  When it is available to your hosts, the feature will be under Management in the Edit Listings area. 

This will be very helpful for hosts who travel, don't live in the city and sometimes country where the listing is located.  Glad you clarified your question!