refund

Mariya7
Level 2
Moscow, Russia

refund

Hey,

I have a complaint about the host who i rented a room in the apartment in Tel aviv. I made a reservation for 1 person. When i arrived i had a friend who came to my room for a short stay. She asked me to change reservation for 2 people, I did it. Anyway she was really aggressive throughout all my staying there. Moreover, she didnt mention in her profile that she works as a tutor of children and she works from home. Thats why there were different children at the apartment which was noisy and quite uncomfortable. Besides, the room was quite shabby, and of coarse not as beautiful as in the profile.

I sent  complaint to Airbnb, they answered that i can ask for refund.

How much refund i can ask in such situation?

I will be really grateful for your help

2 Replies 2
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Mariya7

I feel it's bad form that a Host would but a second person in the room with you and presumably not telling you before you arrive, it must have come as a great shock to you that you were sharing a room with a stranger and particularly when you were not expecting it.

What was this Host thinking?

that you would not mind?

and sure, what does it matter one or two

what's the difference?

Demand a complete refund and additional compensation for the emotional upset this Host caused you...

@Cormac0

Cormac, 

This guest was my friend who stayed who helped me with luggage and stayed for a short visit. Anyway i was ready to pay for the second person and i did it. But the host communicated in rude manner with me during my stay. Besides, she didnt mention in profile that she works with chidren and she works at home and it was uncomfortable for me to hear chilrens sounds and noises from another room when i was on vacation and wanted to have a rest.