reservation

reservation

I have a guest who says she booked and even has a confirmation code but she isn't showing up on my calendar.  There's not way for me to accept her request. People usually instant book but her reservation is not coming through

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Does she have your address, @Martha232, or is she asking you for it?

First thing is to go to your dashboard and find "All reservations". Click on that and check the list. Her first name may appear with "Cancelled" beside it, which will mean she tried to book but for some reason (payment being most likely) the system didn't allow it and she only thinks she has a confirmation code. 

If she does not appear at all, and it really looks like she is booked because she has your address, etc., give Airbnb a call or tweet AirbnbHelp on Twitter and get them to look at it. 

I would say if she does not appear on the list, and she does not have your address, she should be the one to call. 

Will you let us know how it turns out?

@Martha232

Technically if said guest isn't showing up on your calendar or reservations page, the host has nothing to refer to when contacting ABB for assistance. Instead of the host contacting ABB, then ABB contacting the guest to address/resolve whatever problem there is, it is just easier and simpler if the guest contacts ABB directly to fix whatever is wrong. Although I understand that you want to help, trying to assist at this point could actually be misleading. If there is nothing the host can actually DO to fix the situation and it is up to ABB to investigate or present a solution, it is best to not get involved or else the guest will think the host is responsible for everything.