reviews

Tavi0
Level 2
Oakland, CA

reviews

How do reviews work? Do we both have to review each other for either of our reviews to show to the public?  I know I can't see the other person's until I review them... but can other people see the review? I'm having my first not-so-ideal guest, and I'm trying to figure out the most diplomatic way to deal with reviews. I'm 100% potive that I'm not doing anything wrong- but he is annoyed by me asking his guest to turn off the space heater when she leaves the house, and asking  him to obey the check out time.  So.... I don't know what kind of a review he's going to give me.  I'd rather us both just not review each other- but I can't guarantee that... or can I? If I dont' review him- will his review stay hidden?

3 Replies 3
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Once you provide the review and assuming the guest also wrote a review they will go public

Reviews go public 14 days post stay whether or not you write the review.   But before the 14 day period is up, if you both review each other, both reviews go live the day both reviews have been written.

Don't worry  - if the review you receive is nit picky, you can go and post a very simple reply like "although a very kind guest, certain house rules regarding turning off appliances when not in use were not followed". 

I alway think the host is worse then the guest when I see a mediocre review and then the host goes on blast in the reply.  Super hard to do, but remove yourself emotionally from it and reply back in as brief and concise a way as you can. 

Thank you for this valuable information!

I have just had my first guest leave and i'd like to write a review about them so that in turn they can write a review about me. 

How can I write a review about my guest?

please help

tony