someone coming from the state where the president lives to study at the top UC's here= bad experienc

Mya4
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

someone coming from the state where the president lives to study at the top UC's here= bad experienc

IF Your next guest name starts with the letter T (says she's gong to UCLA...) be very careful. She did a lot of rude things and broke items every day and damaged property and never would let me her schedule, which is fine but if your staying for an entire month and ever disclosed you'll be sleeping or hanging out past noon everyday in my living room space and only leaving a few hours until 5/6pm and other nights coming at 10pm that is not so cool...  I asked many tims and realized she had no real schedule and claims she ha classes until 1am etc... and would come at different times such as 2pm, 5pm, 9pm or 11pm midnight and 2am and that is ok when your staying for only a few days or a week but not a month.  I never got sleep because when she was here at night she would be up late until 2am an making noises slamming things on the glass table, in and ou tthe bathroom and so I started to loose sleep and becamse so stressed I broke out in a horrible rash and one day I seen my door knob lock had been picked and was really loose and I no longr felt comfortable.  Because she would come to see if I'm home and only walk in her space for 10 seconds and leave and she would come back in 10-15 mins and do the same and she did it a few times in the morning giving me an indication she was not being honest she had someone waiting outside in the hall because I heard them speak and she would be on the phone when she arrived.. She never said hi but maybe 4/5 times in the 21 days only because I was in the area and looking her way.. I think she is careless and not respectful and could of been nice to just give me a range or a time frame she would arrive because she would barge in while I was cooking or just sat to eat and it is very uncomfortable this moment for me and her now trying to freshen up or cook.. Also she did not keep her area fresh or cleam... if she could of said I may be home at this range 9-11pm would have been decent cuortisy.

but because she booked for a month after so much piling up with her rude attitude, breaking things, keeping me up at night and her crazy secert schedule I had enough and it was too much so I send a alteration in her reservation Airbnb and I called and sent messages and she ignored them for 3 hours and responded 10 mins til midnight..  I called Airbb and message her like 8pm she responded nearly 12am and I said no come in the morning and she didn't care she came with the police at 2am and made scene to disturb my neighbors.  She only ignored the messages to avoid my request to check out early until I said come by midnight and if not come in the morning. She decided to arrive with two police officers at 2am causing a scene had them banging on the doors yelling for all neighbors to hear saying I locked her out and she has right to come when she wants you using Airbnb and like it's a crime or something and aggressive like they wanted to attack me.. So the guest just was quiet like she was innocent but what she did put me in danger and was a bad thing to the police. She is not clean also, she stays up util 2am everyday, never leaves and sneak around and also she picked my locks, made water damage to my flat iron, broke the shelf of my medicine cabinet and tear my Ikea lamps, she would knock my furniture around and topple items..

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Sometimes a host just needs to vent. Right @Mya4? I'm sure your review will be a warning to other hosts.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Linda108

You are right again Linda....It's no good talking to someone, the words are simply lost.....you just need to put down on paper where you can come back to it and read it again. And every time you do it feels a bit better, you get a little bit more of it out of your system.

Rotten luck @Mya4, unfortunately in most instances you can't see guests like this coming, all of a sudden they become your jailer, and you do feel like a prisoner in your own property. I do, and their in a cottage out in the back yard where I don't have to have any interaction with them. But it is different, there are all these constraints on you....there are parts of your property you can't just walk into! I can't just go out in the rear garden and drop a f*rt when I feel like it! I never know who might hear!!

Try to put it behind you....you may possibly never strike another one like her in your hosting career, you have a heap of great reviews behind you, your guests love you....if she is out of step with the world, that's her problem, she has to wake up in the morning and deal with it, you don't!

Move on Mya!

Cheers.....Rob