special offer more expensive

Answered!
Andre263
Level 2
Porto Alegre, Brazil

special offer more expensive

Firt time here, i'm looking at a few places to stay. 

One of the hosts responded my inquery, with a "special offer" that is almost 2 times more expensive then what I can get if I just buy using the site.

No problems, this host is out for me. But what is the point?

If I select the date, 2 guests, and on the right side it says $ per night, weekly distoun $, etc etc, total $$$ is this the TOTAL?

I ask becouse i'm about to close the deal with another host, and now am afraid of any hidden fee. So quick reply would be great.

1 Best Answer

@Andre263  You can instant book it for the price listed and ignore his special offer. He's price gouging and that's not allowed. He needs to honor the price it's listed at for your days. I would use the flag on both him and his listing and report this behavior. The other listing will be booked at the price you see. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Andre263  Here the list of what you may be charged:

Nightly Rate

Extra Guest Fee's if any

Cleaning Fee if any

Taxes/VAT

AirBnB's Service Fee

Andre263
Level 2
Porto Alegre, Brazil

I dont want to put the host link here, but it's like this:

On the site: 

140 per singh

2 guests

date - (7 days)

$150 x 7 = 1050

9% weekly price discount = -94

Cleaning fee = 96

Service fee = 144

Occupancy taxes and fees = 33
TOTAL  1229

His special offer (I have 24 hour to reply) is: 3700 (I just double... triple checked)

Why?
The other one I'm looking is just a little more at $1500. If I close the deal, I will be charged for 1500, right?

PS: it's a super host

@Andre263  You can instant book it for the price listed and ignore his special offer. He's price gouging and that's not allowed. He needs to honor the price it's listed at for your days. I would use the flag on both him and his listing and report this behavior. The other listing will be booked at the price you see. 

Andre263
Level 2
Porto Alegre, Brazil

Of course I will not book with him. Will flag.

Thanks! I was a little nervours. Indeed, the other host is going well, as I expected.