told by air b and b to sync my calendars

Chris316
Level 2
Azay-le-Ferron, France

told by air b and b to sync my calendars

like i have said before i do not sync my air b and b calendar because your system does not facilitate having more than 1 room so i have to keep the air b and b calendar open until all rooms are booked.

as this is probably an email address which does not get monitored ...or no one at air b and b actually responds to individual emails..i will go on to my personal air b and b site and send this email again. and also send it through the air b and b community.

personally  the system where you only have FAq's and automated responses incredibly irritating, its as if air b and b don't actually give a **bleep** about hosts...here's your question...here's our stock answer, we can't be bothered to actually have someone employed to answer your questions individually..!
1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your frustration is evident, @Chris316 in your several posts on this host forum.  So sorry this platform is problematic for you as a host as you appear to have been a great guest!  Let me see if I can be of some assistance.  I am not a staff person, but I have experienced some frustration when I first started.

Your listing is gorgeous and my mouth watered at the picture of the meal you prepared!  Let me ask a couple of questions of what your trying to accomplish with your listing.  Do you remain in the house at all?  If not, are you located close by?

Are you willing to have multiple guest parties staying at the same time and sharing the common spaces?  If so, then each bedroom would be listed separately and have a separate calendar along with the listing.  Each listing should have a separate name and the description would highlight the aspects of the room.  Your house rules would need to reflect the shared use of common areas.

Are you only interested in a single party for the whole house?  If so, your current pricing would allow a couple to book the whole house for a very small amount.  Is this your intent?  If so, you might want to close off the unused rooms with a lock to prevent having to clean non-productive rooms.

If you want to do both separate listings and entire house listing, you will need to manually sync the calendars.  You would block out the entire house calendar whenever the individual rooms are booked and visa versa when the entire house is booked.  You cannot have Instant Book turned on due to the manual calendar syncing.

Please understand that the platform is set up for hosts to learn on their own by using the Help Center articles and by posting questions on this host forum.   Hope I have helped you a bit and good luck with your lovely home.