unable to leave a review

Vladimir3
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

unable to leave a review

I had a guest stay for 2 nights, left yesterday, but I can see a way of reviewing them. This is my first guest for a while, all others I could review but not this one. Nothing in the Alerts or the Reviews tabs. I've googled it and looked in all the usual places, there just doesn't seem to be anyway of me reviewing them. Has anyone had this problem? 

59 Replies 59
Nancy143
Level 2
Lake Havasu City, AZ

Where is the window to leave a review?

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nancy143you will get an email to leave a review check your spam box and put ABB on your safe list

Sarah710
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

My guests have just checked out and I'm not able to leave a review (this one was a particular good guest so keen to give a positive one). On every other occasion I've received notification to leave a review but I can't find anything - not even in my clutter folder. Looking at the date of the first post, this is obviously a fairly regular occurance, does Airbnb get back to you when it's resolved? 

Max142
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

Can someone help me, where could i find the rating option to rate my first guests? 

Thanks

I've received an email asking to rate my host.  I rated him with a 5 star.  After clicking the star, that was it.  There were no options to write a review.  I then received an email saying that my host has left me a review but I am unable to read it until I submit a review.  They only give 10 days and then your opportunity to write a review closes.  This is a bummer.

Fiona164
Level 1
Wooburn Green, United Kingdom

I can see the review I wrote for my host when I open my account but it is not showing to the public,

I can't see the review my host wrote about me because the system says I need to complete a review,  which I have, I can see it on my account.

Fiona164
Level 1
Wooburn Green, United Kingdom

I can see the review I wrote for my host when I open my account but it is not showing to the public,

I can't see the review my host wrote about me because the system says I need to complete a review,  which I have, I can see it on my account.

Vanna8
Level 1
Anchorage, AK

I am having the same problem. i am pretty new to hosting on air bnb. When the review function works properly, how long does it normally take to get the review notification? 

Carrie99
Level 1
New York, United States

I have had two times now where guests have not left a review.  I have asked them to please leave a review and they both have said they have tried and were unable.  Both were very satisfied larger parties and I would really love to have their reviews on my page.  What's up with guests not being able to leave a review Airbnb?  

Leslie191
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

Hello. 3 guests have left me reviews, but I cannot leave them one back. I write them down but they won't get published. 

Dan316
Level 2
Cedar Hill, TX

I had the best stay in NOLA, but can't leave a review! HELP?!?!

Jane653
Level 2
Brecon, United Kingdom

I, too, cannot leave a review for a guest who checked out this morning.  Last week, I stayed with another host, and received a review before I had reached my car!  How do I initiate this?

Hello @Jane653,

Hosts and guests can't initiate the review process. Airbnb sends the request to review at various times on the day of checkout.

The only way to leave a review is by responding to the review notification or clicking / tapping the red review button in the review notification email. Airbnb sends the notification and the email at various times. Usually it's later on the day of checkout but  I, as a host, have sometimes received them before the guest had checked out.

That variation is why you received the review before you reached your car but haven't yet received the notification to leave a review for your guest.

Steve.

Jane653
Level 2
Brecon, United Kingdom

Hi Steve - thanks for the clarification.  Much appreciated. 🙂

Hilarnie0
Level 2
Greenwood, IN

I just recently hosted my very first guest and it's been 24 hours since he had checked out. I received notification to review my guest, so I went through the process on my phone - wrote a good review and gave them a private feedback, then by the time I was ready to Submit. It kept telling me there was an error on submitting my review.

Has there been an answer to this issue?