unfair cancellation charge

Serkan0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

unfair cancellation charge

Hello. I have had a guest cancel their reservation because they realised after booking that our pool was a communal pool as opposed to a private pool, even though we are quite clear about this. The trouble is, whilst I am happy to refund all their payment, Airbnb has kept a service charge, which is quite a handsome amount. I feel for the guests. This was an honest mistake on their part, so why should airbnb profit from this situation? Could the guest please get their money back in full? They realised within hours of booking that they wanted to cancel, and it has cost them around €100 Euros. That feels very unfair to me. Can anyone help? What can these people do? Thanks. Serkan 

38 Replies 38
Dan159
Level 2
Lappeenranta, Finland

No... because my instantly booking mistake . After changing to instantly booking , Ariana booked . But I accepted other guests before instantly booking without block dates. 

@Dan159

The system blocks the dates when you get a booking so there should be no double booking.

David
Dan159
Level 2
Lappeenranta, Finland

Actually thesituation is I post two rooms on airbnb, one is before I move out previous house, the other one is present house.  Then ... the mistake comes out. Now it is offline. Only one exists.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

All you can do is contact AirBnB and see if they will make an exception.

David
Dan159
Level 2
Lappeenranta, Finland

Should I call or feedback ? Cos there is no phonecall service for Finland . And one more question ..have you succeeded in asking refund ? Do you think they will agree with my request ?  Thanks for your replying all the time : )

Personally I would call. Others have had good luck using Twitter, you are asking for a favour.

David

I've recently been charged what I think is an unreasonable amount.  I've previously had nothing but good to say about AirBnB but this latest episode has really shocked me.  Some friends and I wanted to have a weekend in Ibiza at the end of June.  A friend, using AirBnB  for the first time booked a place without discussing it with us.  It was for the wrong weekend and not something we had agreed on.  He cancelled within 48hrs and with still nearly three months to re-book.  We were charged a total of 676GBP including an Admin fee of 158GBP from AirBnB.  I totally understand hosts wanting to discourage any cancellations, but this was hardly last minute and would have quickly been re-booked by someone else.  All AirBnB will do is offer 100GBP off our next booking.  Is there any way to appeal to this? Or does anyone have any advice?  Thanks in advance.

Jack

@Jack99

Did he book the airline as well, what is their poicy?

David
Margot39
Level 2
Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Aibnb took 136.us$ = 367.20ec my currency, for resolution adjustment and i dont know what this is, they have not responded to queries, very frustrasting.