we rent for 2 weeks and now we are asked to pay for electricity, water and cleaning bills, help!

Valerie98
Level 1
Ubud, Indonesia

we rent for 2 weeks and now we are asked to pay for electricity, water and cleaning bills, help!

Hi, 

We took a small house for 2 weeks in Hua Hin. We paid 242 Euro. Now at the time of check out, we are asked to pay for the electricity and water bills and to pay for the cleaning service. It says no where in the airbnb bill we have to pay this, what shall we do ? 

A few things to add...when we check in...we did not get the correct house..we got into a house with no linens, no water, no internet etc..then 3 days later we were moved to the correct house which was recently checked out from the former guest. We got into a house which was no cleaned and smell dog. 

At the time of our check out, we left the kitchen clean, the house clean with the garbage out in the bin outside. 

What shall we do ? Any suggestions ? 

In the airbnb bill, it says when i pay through airbnb we are entitled to airbnb insurance, how can i have access to this, how to call airbnb people, i don't see any numbers. 

Thanks all for your help. We are as well hosts and this is the first time we use airbnb as travellers. 

Best. 

5 Replies 5
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Hosts may not impose extra charges on you unless it is clearly stated in the listing.  And if they are in the right to charge you,it must be done through the resolution center.  I would just depart and not pay and ask them to charge you through the site.  This charge you can refuse or accept.  

Google contacting airbnb or use the forum search tool for same.  Perhaps there is a number in your printed itinerary ?

Sarah160
Level 5
Adelaide, Australia

I hope you got in touch with airbnb. As the other persong replied, they can not charge you unless it is written in the listing.

Even if you are happy with how it gets resolved you must leave an honest review so that no one else gets stuck in that horrible situation. I'm sorry it was so bad for you

Also, write a review of your experience with this host and what happened.  Flag them on the Airbnb platform as they have done a number of things outside of the rules of Airbnb - moving you, asking your for more money.   Airbnb needs to be aware that this host is acting inappropriately.  Write to the host via the airbnb portal and detail what happened during your stay.  It is important for Airbnb to have a record of this interaction.  Simply be factual - like you were above - listing what transpired during your stay - including being asked at the end to pay outside the Airbnb platform before checking out.  

As Superhosts yourselves, you might want to do some more research on the ways you and your guests are protected by Airbnb.  In this case, there is no "Airbnb Insurance" to cover a guest.   

Deirdre12
Level 8
Santa Monica, CA

Tell them to go to hell and write a review stating all that happened. Be strong! That's unacceptable!

Patrick224
Level 2
Tampa, FL

Copy and paste this into their review lol! That will teach them.