what does a host normaly give for a continental breakfast

Jean40
Level 3
Woodford, Australia

what does a host normaly give for a continental breakfast

What are others giving for a continental breakfast please for bnb. I give brown & white bread for toast. 5 different cereals, individual butters, vegimite, rasberry jam, marmalade, 2 different types of milk low fat & full cream, also a large bowl of fresh fruit,{ 2 pears, 2 oranges 4kiwi fruit, 2 bananas, also a punet of strawberries or blueberries, also varity of coffees, drinking chocolate, milo & a variety of teas. i really struggle with what seems fare to my guests for a breakfast.

16 Replies 16

Thanks Lawrance I usually go there every 18months but at the moment the family are here in Aust. Jean

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Hello @Jean40

I offer a simple breakfast on request. I would be having trouble finishing the food if I were to eat the leftovers from what you offer. I ask my guests if they need it available, and I write in my listing what they can expect. The breakfast is offered at no extra cost.

I offer bacon, eggs, bread (usually some darker kind), butter, white cheese like Edam or Gouda, ham, a couple of jams, milk and juice. The tea and coffee is already in their room upon arrival.

I have noticed that if the guests locate my cereals I appearantly offer them too... 😄

The guests may put whatever they want extra for breakfast in my fridge.

Since living and accomodation is expensive in Norway, I don't have the ability to offer much more for breakfast. And I would not like to raise my price to make guests pay for more.

And like mentioned; I would have problems with the leftovers. Either with my clothes getting too small or with my trash-company for delivering too much trash...

Mariann 🙂