why is the nightly rate for a reservation request different then my set nightly rate?

Kim57
Level 1
Puntarenas, Costa Rica

why is the nightly rate for a reservation request different then my set nightly rate?

I have a reservation request for 10 nights and it shows the guests price to be $129/night even though my calendar has it set at $199/night how do I make sure the guest sees the actual price of $199 and how do I change this? Any idea why this happened?

2 Replies 2
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Kim57, I don't see any obvious reason (long-term discounts, reduced-rate days, etc) why this is happening. My only other thought was some sort of currency conversion issue involving other countries that use the $ sign. But that doesn't seem to be involved here, so I'm at a loss.

When you do figure this out, could you post the explanation here so that the rest of us can benefit from it? Thanks!

Meeuwsen0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I have a similar experience for two of my rooms listed on Airbnb.  The guests seem to get a better price than my set nightly rate and Im not sure why this is happening.  Could someone from Airbnb please come back to us so that we understand what is happening.