Chicago Northside Neighborhood

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Chicago Northside Neighborhood

Chicago Host Day

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the Chicago Northside thread!

At the Chicago Host Day we all got together and meet other hosts from our neighborhoods. This was a great way to discuss local topics and share tips. As time was limited on the day, we wanted to carry on the conversation here in the Community Center and discuss projects we might like to work on together. 🙂

So, what are we waiting for!

As a recap, some of the topic we started to discuss were:

• What do you love about your neighborhood? 
  • What neighborhood recommendations do you give your guests? (i.e. - restaurants, museums, music venues, etc.)

• What are some challenges or opportunities in our neighborhood that we can tackle together? (i.e. - “The area needs more green spaces.” “We need a community center,” etc.)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

11 Replies 11

How can I learn Airbnb business or start. I have a property at Galena, IL and two rooms available in my Glenview, IL home.

We are retired couple. We really like to meet with other Airbnb hosts to hear and learn their experience.

Thank you for your help in advance

Ken **

I would also like to start hosting with airnbnb and learn together.  We also have a place in Galena Il.  Is there a meetup in the northwest suburbs?

w would also like to learn how to become an Airbnb host in Galena.  Are there any meetups in the northwest suburbs?

I don’t mind sharing and helping you guys. 

Kathy81
Level 1
Elgin, IL

Hi All,

I am a host with a home in Andersonville and have been on Air bnb for about a year.  I am very interested in connecting with other Chicago Northside Hosts.  I am also interested in finding out if there are any successful hosts that are helping others market their home.  I did pretty well from April to November, but would like to add another unit in the building and need to improve my marketing in order to do that.  Any feedback is appreciated!!

Thanks, Kathy

I don’t mind helping. Kathy, let me know when you fave time and I’ll make time. 

Marv1
Level 1
Evanston, Illinois

I have a couple from India arriving on Saturday. I currently have a guest who did not book thorugh Airbnb and will not leave. Help! Can you accomodate a couple for up to 30 days starting Saturday 9/2?  My condo is in Lincoln Park area (Old Town - Division and Wells).

Marv

Hello

i am host  and I have a couple of rooms

available let me know if you still looking for help with this couple from india. 

All resolved.

Thanks Alex

Laura2002
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Hello Northsiders!

I have a house in Norwood Park that I have been Airbnbing for two and a half years, but I'm now moving to Evanston and would love to find a co-host to manage the property in my absence. Is there anyone looking to help out a fellow Northsider?

Thanks!

-Laura

I would co-host for you.