Chicago Westside Neighborhood

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Chicago Westside Neighborhood

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the Chicago Westside thread!

At the Chicago Host Day we all got together and meet other hosts from our neighborhoods. This was a great way to discuss local topics and share tips. As time was limited on the day, we wanted to provide you a space to carry on the conversation here in the Community Center and discuss projects you might like to work on together. 🙂

As a recap, some of the topic we started to discuss were:

• What do you love about your neighborhood? 
  • What neighborhood recommendations do you give your guests? (i.e. - restaurants, museums, music venues, etc.)

• What are some challenges or opportunities in our neighborhood that we can tackle together? (i.e. - “The area needs more green spaces.” “We need a community center,” etc.)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

2 Replies 2
Cynthia197
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Hi,

I want to convert a 5 bedroom house to a automated airtbnb "boutique Hostel".  The bedrooms are private and the kitchen and common bathrooms are open for all guests to share.  

Does anyone have experience with building/converting a property to a Airbnb from start.  I am rehabbing the house now.  I would like to automate the keys for guests and online booking, etc.  Any tips of ideas is appreciated.

thanks, Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

Keyless locks are a good start! 🙂

Sounds like a good idea. Here are a few more things to think about:

1. City Compliance. Is your offering going to be city compliant? Think: Fire code, registration, etc.
  2. Safety and Security - How can you ensure that everyone's valuable are safe and secure?
  3. Cleaning and Maintenance - How do you plan to clean and maintain the place when guests are "turning-over" at different times? 

There are more things to think about, but this is a start!

Cheers -

Jeremy

Chicago Airbnb Management

chicago-airbnbmanagement.com