Donating listings to AIDS/LifeCycle Riders June 3rd and 4th

Chris-and-Tim0
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Donating listings to AIDS/LifeCycle Riders June 3rd and 4th

Wondering if anyone would be interested in donating their accomodation to people coming to San Francisco for this year's AIDS/LifeCycle bike ride between SF and LA. The ride begins June 5th at the Cow Palace, so the dates someone would need a room would be June 4th, and maybe also June 3rd. 

There will be over 2500 cyclists departing from the Cow Palace on the morning of June 5th. We will spend the next week riding to Los Angeles after each having raised over $3000 in charitable donations for the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. Last year, ALC raised over $16M for these two charities.

To do the ride, each cyclist has volunteered hundreds of hours in training and thousands of dollars of their own money on a bike and cycling gear to be able to participate. Cyclists arriving from outside SF also will have had to travel here for the event by plane or car, costing them even more. Adding the cost of a hotel room to this puts an even greater strain on the wallets of a lot of participants. 

If you have availability those nights and would like to donate your listing (or even offer it at a reduced cost) to an out-of-town participant in this year's AIDS/LifeCycle ride, please let me know and I'll pass your listing on to the logistics team at ALC. 

More about AIDS/LifeCycle can be found at http://aidslifecycle.org

Thanks!

Chris

4 Replies 4
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Chris-and-Tim0,

Thank you so much for posting this here, it sounds like a fantastic event for a great cause.

How has the response been so far?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie, so far no replies. Any thoughts on how I can promote this? I'd love it if AirBnB could get on-board in some capacity. ALC has partnered with a couple of nearby hotels in the area to provide lower-cost rooms. Maybe AirBnB could underwrite a fundraising event or something? Thanks for any help or ideas you might have!! Chris
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Chris-and-Tim0,

I hope you are well. Just to say I have passed on your information here to the team in your area, it may not be possible on this occassion to do anything, but I think it is worth highlighting. In terms of the CC here, I have just made it a feature on the homepage for San Francisco hosts, so hopefully this will draw more attention to it. In terms of gathering support from the Community offline, have you had any response yet?

Do let me know if you have any other suggestions. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Drew54
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Super cool to see this conversation, this is a use case for home sharing / hospitality exchange I've been thinking about for several years 🙂