Free Books for Chicago Hosts

Sammi1
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Free Books for Chicago Hosts

Hi there. I am not a host, otherwise I would have shared this in the Chicago Home Sharers Club. Instead, I work at a small, independent (but well-known) publisher called featherproof books. We publish strange and beautiful fiction and nonfiction and post-, trans-, and inter-genre tragicomedy. 

In reprinting two of our titles, we printed a few too many. They are excellent books & they sell well, but we need to make room for our 2017 releases, so we keep brainstorming interesting ways to pass along some of these books for free, short of just throwing them at people on the street. One of our ideas was to pass them along to you, Chicago airbnb hosts, to put in your spaces. This came after visiting one of our firends who is an airbnb host who had a small "local beatnik culture" shelf with various items that included one of our books & several of our CEO/publisher's records. Our CEO/publisher (of our little three-person company) is Tim Kinsella, a well-known musician & author, and a Chicago native. In fact all three of us are Chicago natives. We love this city and are entrenched in its art, literature, & music scenes, and think your guests would like to be, too. 🙂

The two books available to you for free are "The Karaoke Singer's Guide to Self-Defense" by Tim Kinsella, and "The Universe in Miniature in Miniature" by Patrick Somerville.  (Bonus: both stories are even set in Chicago!)

If someone could forward this post to the Home Sharers Group, or to anyone in Chicago you think might be interested in taking on a few copies, please feel free to message me here or at sammi ( at ) featherproof . com

Let's keep our local beatnik culture alive & put it on display!

3 Replies 3
Yvette32
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Thank you for the great ideas!  I'm vibing up my space with airbnb and guests in mind and would love to include any art/literature/music/etc featherproof would like to share.  

Please keep me in mind 🙂

Yvette 

Hi Yvette!

Glad to loop you in. I've had to switch out the books offered, but I assure you it is just as fabulous & odd as all our others. Please just send me an email at sammi  [at]      featherproof     [dot]    com      with your contact info and I can drop them off at your convenience.

Scout2
Level 1
Chicago, IL

I'd love to have these books to offer to my guests! I keep a shared shelf stocked, and put books in each room, so whatever you could spare would be welcome. Thanks!