SF Hosts - Has anyone done the quarterly reporting?

SF Hosts - Has anyone done the quarterly reporting?

Hi, 

Has anyone done the quarterly reports that hosts have to do with the city of SF? It's mentioned in this link through airbnb under "Reporting".

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/871/san-francisco--ca

This seems like something that makes it a hassle for hosts to comply with (enter in all the check in and check out dates??) and perhaps we should get airbnb to do this for us. They have access to the same information that we have and I would imagine, far more resources to do this.

Has anyone done one? Has anyone had any luck reaching out to airbnb on this? 

Rebecca

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Rebecca22 You might want to pose this question in the San Francisco group.  Go to the menu at the top left of this page and scroll down the Cities section where you will find San Francisco.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rebecca22,

Just to let you know I have moved your post to the specific San Francisco city board, I hope this is fine with you (let me know if not). This should make it easier for hosts in your area to find it.

I hope this is helpful.

Lizzie

Thanks @Clare0. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi.

You've probably figured this out by now, but if it helps, I just filled mine out and created an Excel template that makes it a little easier to fill out the ridiculously-tedious form.

To do it, I use the paper form.  They are pretty explicit about using the exact form, which is oddly one page of Letter size and following pages of Tabloid form.  I seriously hope they just were lazy and are not trying to make it harder for folks.  I cut mine up into Letter size pages, which is what my printer can handle, and they can tape them together if they want.

Entering all the individual stays is the main hassle.  I have no idea why they need this level of detail, as the law just requires total number of nights.  Again, hopefully not some activist government worker trying to make things harder for us...but technology can get around anything they put in the way.  Hopefully ABB will be automating this reporting very soon.

David

I'm a new host and this is the first quarter I've had to file reports with SF. I can't believe this city, the center of all things tech, requires hosts to fill in detailed forms online or in print, when Airbnb has ALL the required info in digital format and could simply transfer it to the city for all registered hosts. Come on, people, get with it!