San Diego Airbnb hosts' meet-up and Facebook Groups

Guillermo21
Level 2
Chula Vista, CA

San Diego Airbnb hosts' meet-up and Facebook Groups

Hello there San Diego Hosts!
I am Guillermo, a local airbnb host like you with 2 beautiful homes in the Lemon Grove area.
Just around February of this year I realized the need to connect to other airbnb hosts so that I could not only relate to them but also to possibly have some questions answered and why not, share tips and resources with them. Having social media at my finger tips I took on a challenge and started both a meetup group and a Facebook group. Both groups have been growing and we are now about 100 hosts combined.
We meet about once a month in a central location (usually in Mission Valley) and run a very informative meeting. For our next meeting we will have a special guest from airbnb corporate who has expressed an interest in reaching out to our SD community.
If you are interested in joining the meetups or simply join the FB group, please go ahead!
It will be easier to find us if you simply search meetup.com for 'San Diego Airbnb' or 'San Diego airbnb hosts' both of these 2 groups are in fact the same so it doesnt matter which you join.
On FB the group is called 'San Diego Airbnb & Short term rentals hosts group''
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SanDiegoAirBnBHosts/

If you have any issues finding us please leave me a reply trough this board.
Thanks!
-Guillermo
14 Replies 14
Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Hi Guillermo,

I've just requested to join the fb page, thanks for organising this!

Helen.

Gotcha!

Thanks!

I did a search for the meet up group, using your suggested wording, and nothing came up.

Birgit0
Level 3
Long Beach, CA

Hi Guilermo,

I trying to set up a meeting of Long Beach hosts and I can't figure out how to reach them.  I contacted several meetup organizers to get their advice, but they did not respond.  Airbnb Is no helping.

I noticed from your FB page that you have a lot of members.  How long did it take and how did you reach out?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Birgit

Hi Birgit.
I started by just setting up a meetup 3 weeks out.
I entered a bunch of keywords as I set up the meetup.
The keywords that worked were:
Airbnb
Short term rental
Real estate
Real estate investing
Vacation rental
Travel
Airbnb hosts
Tourists
Etc.
My first meetup had about 6 attendees.
My last one had about 35 but an airbnb HQ staff was there and that raised the number of attendees.
Good luck!

Mevlin0
Level 2
San Andrés, Colombia

Hy Guillermo  , I'm from colombia.  And my place is on a beautiful island belong to colombia 

SAN ANDRES  AND PROVIDENCE ISLAND 

I Live here in San Diego. And will like to join your group 

Michelle391
Level 2
Bonita, CA

Hi everyone,

My name is Michelle. I also want to be part of the San Diego Community. I want to offer an experience for guests in our city of San Diego.  However, AIRbnb has not land the experience in San Diego yet.  I wonder if any of you are interested? I am passionate about helping people to have a amazing Self Care Experience.  Please give me any feedbacks.  Thank you.

Rita170
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Good morning. I have just joined Air BNB and have a number of questions which I can't find answers to on the site. Thanks for having these meetings but I can't seem to find when the next one is taking place. I hope you can let me know here 

This Thirsday, 7pm at 1199 3rd ave, Chula Vista CA 91911

I will plan to come and perhaps get support to one another.  Thanks for hosting it.  

Michelle

Hello can you please contact me to find more information about the meeting

Hello! I am a San Diego State University senior. I am writing an article for my journalism class about how the city council was no able to agree in some proposed regulations for short-term housing in the city and I was wondering if someone is willing to talk to me and share their experience with a platform like this that allows short-term housing and sharing. I can be contacted at 619-484-6869 or to my email reyesvilla96@gmail.com. This is just for my journalism class and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you.