Venice Beach hosting

Sky1
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Venice Beach hosting

We have a 3BR, 2BA home in Venice Beach, CA. My pricing is similar to previous years but bookings are down over 50%. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

7 Replies 7
Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

When people ask these types of questions, you have to give us a link so that we can go look at your listing to see if anything is weird about it.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

Deirdre0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

It's because the dollar is so strong so fewer people from Europe are traveling to LA.  Or, if they are, they are looking for something less expensive.  My bookings are up quite a lot because my prices are low (I don't live near the beach).  You might try lowering your prices a bit.  

Leslie0
Level 6
Santa Monica, CA

There are also more hosts than there were a year ago. If you want to get together in person with some Venice hosts, contact your Airbnb organizer for Venice, 

Kevin.brunke@airbnb.com 

Airbnb is organizing clubs for hosts all over the city, and some of the clubs are meeting tomorrow evening, 8/9/16. Come and talk to your fellow hosts about the issues that are important to you. We are all concerned about the proposed home sharing ordinance, and that is the focus, but we have the chance to chat with each other about everything related to hosting.

Jake0
Level 5
Coeur d'Alene, ID

So first thing first we should think about this like a business. So for starters, are there more listing now compared to last year? If yes has the saturation drove down the average price of comparables? If not then do these newer listing have a better location? or better selection of amenities? You'll find your answer by simplying digging for inductive reasons as to why your bookings are down.

Lisa107
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Our Venice Beach bookings are down also.

In LA, it's the tax. 14% I think it is that our guests have to pay now over and above our rates and the Airbnb booking fees.

Miriam143
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

As of December 2017 I'm feeling like there's way too much competition in Venice California and my bookings are down and the occupancy tax is not helping