Buggy App - been missing guest messages, inquiries and booking requests.

Bekah-And-Brian0
Level 4
New Orleans, LA

Buggy App - been missing guest messages, inquiries and booking requests.

The app was always a bit of a headache, but this is obscene. Now it no longer pings my phone when I get a message, inquiry or booking request. Does airBNB expect me to open the app/web page every 15 minutes 24 hours a day? 

The lack of update on that app is infuriating. A billion dollar company and they can't even create a reliable funtioning app in this day and age.  Swell. 

5 Replies 5
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Bekah-And-Brian0 

Can you tell us a bit more about your situation? Are you using an iphone or android? Can you post a screenshot of your notifications settings?

I've had no problems with getting new messages. 

I also chose to have Airbnb email me every time I get a message or booking request. You can set that up in settings. Let me know if you want help there. 

iPhone. There's nothing to really take a screenshot of, because it's NOT notifying me of guest messages, inquiries or bookings. The settings for notifications  for messages, updates and account activity are all turned on. 

Buggy, buggy, buggy in the worst of ways. 

I reinstalled it. Time will tell if that'll do anything, I guess. 

The app is super buggy with "push" notifications and Airbnb Superhost support have told me twice in writing that they are phasing out SMS text messaging ( without notification). They literally suggested that hosts get in the habit of logging in each day to see any messages.

Thedragonbarn0
Level 1
Ascou, France

Hi, 

we have similar problems with the app. 

I installed it on my android phone so that I would;nt have to go into the airbnb site or my email account.

We do get messages by text, but there are two of us, two different phones. I don't use text much as I have to pay for them,  the app would be great if it worked.. however.. I have lost a fair amount of bookings as it hasn't pinged, and they literally haven't appeared when i look at the app. and then of course we get a lowered response rate.!

Any clues as to how i make it notify me everytime there is a new message from guests on the app!.. sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.. really annoying

Susanne31
Level 1
Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA

Can anyone tell me if in the settings in the app for notifictions the red means they are on or off?

Red to me means off so I am unsure I am doing the right thing.

Thanks

Susanne