Set the stay to being in blocks of days (e.g. 7, 17, 21)

Set the stay to being in blocks of days (e.g. 7, 17, 21)

During the high season we only allow clients to book full weeks (Saturday to Saturday). I've set the maditory move in day to Saturday, and the mimimum stay to be 7 days.  But this doesn't prevent them from booking say 10 days (Saturday to Tuesday) which I don't want.

If the client books Saturday as a check in date then I want the only check out date to also be a Saturday (for a stay of 7, 14, 21 days etc.) for a given period. How is this possible? 

4 Replies 4
Ernie0
Level 10
San Francisco, CA

Hi Danny, 

Other hosts may chime in here to correct me if I'm mistaken but I think that if you want bookings that are in multiple of 7 day blocks such as a seven day booking or a 21 day booking but not bookings that are of a duriation that is not a multiple of seven such as a 10 day booking, I think you need to set the minimum stay and maximum stay at seven days. You will want to put into the copy of your listing that you will accept bookings for one, two or three weeks but in order to book three weeks, a guest would need to make three separate one week bookings. I don't know of any other way to achieve your goal.

Hope that helps!
Ernie Thayer

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for your reply.

I had thought of doing that, but didn't want to prevent clients from clicking longer than 7 day periods in the calendar selection. I suspect most people who wanted longer than 7 day stays would simply assume the accommodation wasn't available if they couldn't select the full length of their stay.

Michael34
Level 2
Westenschouwen, Netherlands

Hi @Danny1 @Ernie0, I had the same issue and asked Airbnb help and this is the response I got: "unfortunately we don't have a setting that allows you to set a required check-in day of the week at this point. You can leave a note about this requirement in your listing description at this point." 

I had  discussion on this post about it. So can't do Instant book unless you have really no issue with change over days and trapped days -like a two day break between rentals that no one will take.

If anyone has a plan /workaorund be happy to hear how it works for you

🙂