1099 Tax Form

Answered!
Sandy795
Level 2
Warren, NH

1099 Tax Form

I NEED HELP!  I keep calling Airbnb customer service and replying to customer service messages with no help to resolve this issue. 

I keep getting notifications that my tax documents (1099) does not match the IRS records.  When I click on the link to take me to the error it directs me to update the 1099 I have on file. 

I've filled out the 1099 three times and it has yet come back another time saying the same thing.  When I call customer service they say "you need to call a tax professional, we can not give you tax advice".  I'm not looking for tax advice, I'm looking for someone to review the error and realize that it is perhaps a capital letter or a period in the wrong spot and tell me exactly what the mismatch is.  I've called our tax accountant and they don't know what to do.  I've even uploaded a copy of the letter from the federal government with my tax ID number and address information to show them there is no change.  

I've had the same 1099 info, same company, nothing has changed for the last 8 years since I started with Airbnb, I am at a complete loss as to what the problem is.  Why now as I go into my 9th year with Airbnb is there a problem with my 1099.   

Is there a customer support line in US that can help look at this problem for me?  The regular customer service line is of no help, they continue to say "we can not give you tax advice" when all I would like someone to do is tell me what exactly, specifically, in detail what the error is when they confirm the info with the IRS.  Perhaps it's a capital letter or a period or comma somewhere that I'm missing.  

Thank you!

1 Best Answer

Hey Nikki, 

Thank you so very much for this information, it is super helpful.  Thank you so much for the advice, I'll try that way too!  

Be well,

Sandy

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

No, and I have tried.  You will either have to sue Airbnb to get their attention, or modify your tax records to match Airbnb’s 1099,  (That would be much easier and cheaper in the long run.)

null7
Level 1
Duluth, MN

Sandy, 

I had a similar problem, but it's because I was entering things under my name as the owner, when in fact it needed to be our business name. Try that and see if it doesn't fix the problem. I did think it was odd myself that this would pop up after several years. 

Anyway, see if that helps. Warmly, Nikki 

Hey Nikki, 

Thank you so very much for this information, it is super helpful.  Thank you so much for the advice, I'll try that way too!  

Be well,

Sandy