(2) Private Rooms / Separate or Together?

(2) Private Rooms / Separate or Together?

We have (2) private rooms available in our pool home - but aren't sure how to list it.

Option #1:  one listing
* List as (2) private bedrooms - with shared access to kitchen, dining room, patio, pool, heated tub, etc.

Option #2:  two listings
* List as (1) private bedroom 

* List as (1) private bedroom

Wondering if anyone has a similar situation? 

Any suggestions on how to maximize our earnings?

Thank you in advance,

Adam & Cristy

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Adam1629 

You should combine option 1 and 2 and have three listings. Then link the calenders:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/linking-calendars-for-multiple-listings

I just created (2) listings for each of the bedrooms 🙂

Thanks for the heads-up.

Adam

@Adam1629   I think you made a good choice in not listing the bedrooms to be rented by two separate parties of guests. Doing that would put you in the position of mediating potential conflicts and cleaning issues in the common areas, which is a lot to put up with in your own home.

I can't earnestly recommend offering a floor mattress in the 2-room listing, or accepting groups as large as 6 when you just have one shared bath. Maybe when you have a firewall of great ratings, you can consider that kind of expansion, but when guests feel too cramped in the living space - even if it's a great value for price - their frustration comes out in the reviews. You're selling comfort, luxury, and fun in the pool, and that's what you want your guests to remember at the end of the stay. Not stepping over each other in an overcrowded bedroom and waiting too long for their turn in the bathroom after Taco Bell.