25% Covid Compensation

Krystal16
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

25% Covid Compensation

Does anyone know when we should be expecting these payouts?  I only have 2 applicable, 1 for $77 already paid, and one that was supposed to check in tmrw for 2 months, this payout based on the cancellation policy should have been $5,924, so I should be expecting $1,481.  When should I be expecting this, how soon do they pay it out?

5 Replies 5
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Hi Krystal. In May they supposedly will be addressing many due payouts; though that 2 month reservation (overlapping June) they may figure out differently, the 'June' part is what I wonder about. Also some payouts are a true 25% of original payout, some are 12.5%, and I have no clue how they determine them.

@Fred13  with the long term booking policy if they cancel before check in the payable amount to the host is 30 days, so in this case it would only be June 1st that would not be payable, but yes I could certainly see them doing that.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Do you have the payouts listed under Dashboard/Reservations/Canceled?

@Pat271  , I did not know such a list exists, and it is there with the correct cancelled amount.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Krystal16  They only updated the software with this enhancement yesterday.  Before that, all COVID canceled reservations showed 0 payout.  Brian Chesky talked about the enhancement rollout in Tuesday’s host update.  I was very happy to see it.