AIRBNB HOME OWNER EXCHANGE SWAP SERVICE

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

AIRBNB HOME OWNER EXCHANGE SWAP SERVICE

In my opinion, we are probably a huge community of owners in many countries that would like to be able to swap homes. I for one would like to go to Eastern Europe, spend more time in France, Souther Spain, Scotland, Ireland,  etc... I am willing to bet that 

the owners there would consider sawaping  to spend some time under the sun here in the dominican Republic.

AIRBNB should offer us this service. 

It should enable us to offer our properties on an exchange basis. Like the home exchange website each owner can list the countries, regions, cities where they would like to visit and offer and offer an exchange with other owners. Of course certain rules would need to be applied.

- The swaps valid only  owner to owner (eventually family members that would need to be vetted and join the community).

- AIRBNB would charge a "service fee" for services rendered.  This fee to be charged to ensure that exchanges are guarantied ....

- One just needs to go the Home Exchange website and see how it works  except with AIRBNB.

Let's motivate AIRBNB to offer this service, the choice of hundreds of thousands of homes out there are just waiting to be swapped.

145 Replies 145
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Diana-And-Don0

There used to be this option some years ago and it disappeared, so cannot have been a huge success.  

Try Guest2Guest - it is ideal for the purpose and I am sure they would be thrilled to extend their portifolio.

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7

Let's keep the thread going and go  AIRBNB Host Voice and lobby AIRBNB to offer this option
The more the better and maybe they will react.

I will go to Guest2Guest ...

If it never took off is probably noboby was aware of it.. AIRBNB would have to actively promote the idea with Hosts

Sue-and-John0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

Can someone please post the steps to find Host Voice on the app? I understand on my computer I would go to Discuss on the top bar then Host Voice. Is that correct? 

I love this idea, becaue I'm actually in the process of trying to plan trips for 2019.  To be able to secure lodging and swap with other host would be so great!  Make it happen Airbnb! 

(large historical home with lots of charm) on airbnb 4 bed 3 bath. 3800 sqft w basketball court and playground.

Id be willing to exchange my home by the lake if you have any interest in Ohio anytime or length of time. 

Thanks for reading.

Let's keep the thread going and go  AIRBNB Host Voice and lobby AIRBNB to offer this option
The more the better and maybe they will react!

Let's keep the thread going and try to get AIRBNB to back up the idea

I for one need to spend time in Barcelona and would like to swap with an owner there.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

If you want to do the transaction through ABB then you can exchange special offers for the ABB minimum.

I assume most hosts are not interested in home exchanges and as has been said they are more specific sites dealing with this.

David
Diana-And-Don0
Level 7

Yes but these sites are no FOC!

We would probably just pay a nominal AIRBNB service fee.  

I for one need to spend time in Barcelona and would like to swap with an owner there.

Caroline604
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

I would love to join and this idea is great!  

Hi Caroline, 

I am a superhost in Waterloo ON looking to sawp house 

I would trade my rental for Montreal, Europe, Caribbean, Hawaii, NYC, San Francisco, Mendocino, Amsterdam...  Anyone want to visit Denver Colorado?

Jil0
Level 1
Columbus, OH

I love this idea, as well.   I am very open to it.

DaveandBarb0
Level 2
Orange, CA

I think this is a good idea

Kshitij0
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Great India, I would be quite willing to swap my home in New Delhi, India. Lets hope we are able to get it to the airbnb team. Otherwise lets do it anyways. Make a community of people who are interested and then get in touch personally with the interested hosts. 

Best

kshitij

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7

@Kshitij0 wrote:

Great India, I would be quite willing to swap my home in New Delhi, India. Lets hope we are able to get it to the airbnb team. Otherwise lets do it anyways. Make a community of people who are interested and then get in touch personally with the interested hosts. 

Best

k**bleep**ij