Air BnB's cut?

Sam4573
Level 2
Rome, NY

Air BnB's cut?

I just received my 3rd reservations.  I charge $40. I have received 38.80. This last reservation is also $40 but Air states my amount is going to be 

$34.92. 

Anyone know why the difference in payout? 
What is the percentage they should be taking as of 9/29/21? 

16 Replies 16
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sam4573 

Ir seems you (are) changed from split-fee to host-only fee.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1857/what-are-airbnb-service-fees

I don't understand what has changed but how do I change it back? 

Nundani0
Level 1
Mauritius

Hi, I am facing the same problem. It's my 2nd reservation, I charged $55. But I was paid $43. Why is so much? How much are they deducting?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nundani0 

For fees: see link mentioned above.

Did you check your Airbnb Transaction History pages to check the amount transferred ?

Does your payment method charge costs for the transfer ?

Check your service setting in your account, section payments and payouts:

Emiel1_0-1632946632076.png

The first two deposits made by into my account, Air BnB took 3% which is what they should be taking per their info.  This time it looks like it is set up to take over 13%.  This is according to Air BnB's Reservation Details on the messages page. The reservations is for this Friday. 

"Check your service setting in your account, section payments and payouts"
I do not have that option in my account section - Payouts & Payments. 

@Sam4573  All hosts do. You must not be looking in the right place. Click on your profile photo when logged into your hosting account. Click on "Account". A page should come up several boxes that pertain to various things, one of which is "Payments and Payouts."

Are you sure, @Sam4573 . The tab looks like this:

Servicefees.png

Sam4573_2-1632959426009.png

@Sam4573  Payments refer to the payments guests make. What hosts get are Payouts. 

Click on Payouts.

What you need to do when you first start hosting is to spend a day or two clicking on everything and making a note of where to find things. Airbnb buries things behind half a dozen clicks and half of it is totally non-intuitive to anyone but their programmers.

@Sarah977 I don't seem to have the Service Fee tab. And every time I go to my account from the host it switches me out of hosting. 

@Sam4573  Are you using the app or the desktop? What browser?

@Sarah977 desktop Google Chrome 

@Sam4573  Hmmm. That should be fully functional.