Airbnb Has Held Our Payouts for Three Months. Incompetent Staff and No End in Sight

Airbnb Has Held Our Payouts for Three Months. Incompetent Staff and No End in Sight

We have over 26 listings with AirBnb. Our office was asked on the 23rd April 2024 to submitt documents due to our countries financial regulatory requirements (FICA). We did so same week asked. Our banks and other service providers ask for these yearly and we are well versed in what is required.

It has taken repeated calls and emails to ask for a result and to be paid out. We have submitted the same request and same documents three times. We have ca;lled twice daily. we are now three months in and no resolution. We are starting to enter a cash flow crunch due to the incompetence of the Air Bnb staff. 

We are owed over 12,000USD and it is now month three of begging and pleading. Just today we had to open another support case with the support desk. This is now 18 cases have been opened and closed and we are told nothing as to why. fatre some consulation i am now advised we are to approach the courts of South Africa to level a criminal case against AirBnb. 

This is really not excusable and i am not sure we are wanting to remain partners of Airbnb. After some querying locally it apears alot of South African hosts are not being paid out. 

Lots to learn from Booking.com Airbnb... you are bordering on being gangsters. 

Angeline 

Johannesburg 

South Africa 

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Angeline103 , I'm sorry to hear you're having ongoing payment concerns. Have you heard back from the Support team meanwhile?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Angeline

I saw your post about the issues you're facing with Airbnb payouts. I'm in a similar situation, with my payouts on hold since the 24th of June, despite providing all requested documents multiple times.

On the 12th of July they actually stated that all is in order and that my payouts will resume as normal. After 3 more days of no payouts I followed up just to find out that they now require more documentation for verification that has nothing to do with my trust. It is still ongoing and feels like I'm just speaking to an automated response system and they refuse for me to speak to anyone in a managerial position who actually understands their own system.

Have you found any resolution or steps that have been helpful in moving things forward?

Thank you

Dina

Pretoria

South Africa