Airbnb in Binghamton, NY

Shashi25
Level 1
Vestal, NY

Airbnb in Binghamton, NY

Hello, 

I am living in vestal, NY, and renting my place in Airbnb. For the last 10 days, I have not received any booking requests. How will I know if my listing is impacted by new law in NY? Thank you! 

5 Replies 5
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Shashi25 

The new regulations in NY have definitely been discussed by quite a few Hosts in our Community.  I thought it would be useful to share those conversations with you (also here), so you can get an idea of how they are managing this situation.

@Nur785 or @Candysue0 are you aware of how the new regulations have been affecting Hosts in New York?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Candysue0
Level 3
Setauket- East Setauket, NY

BREANNA, NO NO,  PLEASE DO NOT Mix NYC WITH ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE state OF NEW YORK.    NYC -Manhattan is currently a Sanctuary City.  Are u aware that NYC is a separate animal, and currently its riddled with crime and  homelessness **.   The Long Island Counties of Nassau and Suffolk as well as every other county North of NYC  do not adhere to the same rules as NYC. So please DO NOT LUMP ALL OF NY INTO ONE POST, because u would be doing a disservice to all those who are not IN NYC , on the island of mahattan or in the  burroughs of brooklyn queens  bronx or staten island.  

**[Content removed inline with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that our Nondiscrimination Policy doesn’t allow for discrimination based on age,  race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, disability, gender or sex. 

Candysue0
Level 3

Breanna, please DO CONFIRM u have kept NYC SEPERATE from questions regarding all the other counties in NY STATE.. ty

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

@Candysue0 Thank you for sharing your thoughts about regulations. I have made sure to note your concerns about the differences across the state.

As you can see, @Shashi25 is not in the city so if you have any perspective about the regulations in your experience, they may find that useful. 

I also encourage you to have a look at our Community Center guidelines to make sure it remains a welcoming, learning and safe space for all our members who come here to learn from other experienced Hosts.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Candysue0
Level 3

Shashi,  your accountant will know, or u can call your county comptroller.  but i know that AIRBNB lists the counties that already collect... Go to r listing and under Taxes, open the box and see if ur county is there. and then just click yes, and Airbhb will collect it for u, but U MUST PAY QUARTERLY Room Rental tax for short term occupancy of less than 30 days. The comptroller in ur county will give u a registration # and send u the form to do that.  Hope this helps.