Regulations uk

Answered!
Libby143
Level 1
Liverpool, United Kingdom

Regulations uk

Hi

I am debating renting my property as air b&b I am just wondering what I need in terms of being complaint.

I read I need gas safety and electrical certificates. Is there anything else I need before getting started

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Libby143 I don't believe you need electrical safety cert for short term rental (you do for long term). Gas - no idea as we don't have it. You do need a fire risk assessment and also you will need insurance, permission from your mortgage company and to register for business rates rather than council tax.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Libby143 I don't believe you need electrical safety cert for short term rental (you do for long term). Gas - no idea as we don't have it. You do need a fire risk assessment and also you will need insurance, permission from your mortgage company and to register for business rates rather than council tax.

Thankyou so much for responding! This is great help 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Anyone letting out property commercially needs an annual gas certificate.

you also need signage for fire exits etc . 

you need home insurance for short term lets 

also familiarise yourself with  proposed STR legislation currently being consulted on 

Hi Libby I am a fire risk assessor and only based in west midlands but cover nationwide if you need any advice or need a fire risk assessment conducting feel free to message. 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]