Airbnb payment f**k up and I’m being penalised

Michelle2826
Level 1
Estepona, Spain

Airbnb payment f**k up and I’m being penalised

Hi there,

Has anyone had experience of a clear payment error on Airbnb’s part and then received no communication despite numerous attempts?

Long story short: a guest booked my place for 28 days at what should have been 66€ a night. Showed 66€ on the calendar. Upon calculation it was 114€ for 28 nights. Guest thought she’d scored at 2€ a night 🙈 I contacted Airbnb as I had to decline the booking but Airbnb have now charged me 50$ for me cancelling and have blocked out the whole 28 days the guest originally wanted. Any insight would be hugely appreciated 🙏 thank you 

5 Replies 5
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Heck - that's some deal the would-be guest thought they'd scored, @Michelle2826. As painful as it'll be, you'll need to talk to someone at Airbnb to fix this - you've effectively been punished, and it isn't always very easy to get the facts across to the agents. 

PS. You might also want to ask them to remove your response to Ignacio's review - he won't see it (and you left him a great review anyway), only your would-be guests will.

Thanks so much @Gordon0  It’s sooo frustrating as I’ve sent messages but no one responds. Thanks for the tip about the review. I’ll check that out 🙏

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Michelle2826 Yes, many reports recently of majorly wrong pricing snafus. Have a search. A few recent ones,

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Smart-pricing-gone-horribly-wrong/m-p/1497122#M328524

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Price-change-with-smart-pricing-off/td-p/1519984

Best of luck sorting this out. You should not be penalized! Be persistent. The support agents are not generally adept at handling things like this. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Michelle2826 If the booking was Instant Book then you could have cancelled it yourself saying you were uncomfortable with the booking. I think you get three of these per year.

If you accepted the booking then presumably you saw the price before you accepted.

If you do persuade Airbnb to open up the calendar then do check if you have a ridiculous monthly price set - It is very hard to find and is not visible on the calendar.

Mairi16
Level 2
Portree, United Kingdom

I’ve just opened for the first time in 2 years, 1st guests last night and I’ve  had monies knocked of payment from Airbnb  ( literally half of what I was due ) reason being I cancelled a guests reservation as we were in lockdown. I kept asking this guest to cancel and he got it into his head I’d already been paid by Airbnb for his booking, I tried to reason we don’t get paid until 1st night of stay. Eventually when all flights from his country were cancelled, I then cancelled the booking we were in total lockdown. Has anyone been able to get their money back from Airbnb?.