Airlock on payout method not removed for 2 weeks with no response from the Airbnb support

Irina696
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Airlock on payout method not removed for 2 weeks with no response from the Airbnb support

This is a cry for help because I have been banging my head against the wall, calling, sending emails and support tickets, all in vain.

2 weeks ago I tried to add a new payout method. Airbnb asked me to enter the default account number, which I did. After the page telling me that it's incorrect for 3 times, it got airlocked. Same page asked for an explanation, which I provided and the next email I got was 'I've reviewed and removed', however, the airlock was not removed. After that I have sent emails asking to remove it and got a response again that it's removed (it wasn't). The airbnb support tickets get closed immediately and on the phone they tell me that they can't help me. I've tried to ask to escalate the issue, but nothing has been done for 2 weeks. It is really disappointing that the level of customer support at Airbnb has dropped so low.

If you know how to reach someone who can actually see that this is an issue, please let me know, because the customer support at Airbnb, both on the phone and chat doesn't seem to see any issue and tell me that everything is okay.

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Irina696 

Sorry if this is a silly reply! I don't know what an airlock is (when I search for it online, it seems to be a plumbing term). I think you're using the word to say that the payment method is blocked. Perhaps this is a regional way of speaking and it's possible that the customer support staff don't understand correctly?

Irina696
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi Shelley, Airlock is a lock Airbnb puts on some parts of your account. So I cannot add any payout methods, but I receive payouts normally. They understand and tell me it's removed, but it's not and I cannot access this part of my account.