Boutique co-hosts advice

Lisa9607
Level 1
Dahlgren, IL

Boutique co-hosts advice

Hi! My daughter and I are beginning a boutique short-term rental co-hosting service.  I have experience co-hosting when I worked at a property management company.  As owners, what are the top 3 things that you would want from a co-host? Do you regularly look at your ROI or just profit/loss numbers?  Thank you! Lisa

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

1.   Cleaning

2.  Cleaning

3.  Solve Guest Issues

Anyone who is getting into the hosting business should have a realistic bottom line -- i.e., how many nights of rentals per month do they need to cover their costs?  How many nights of rentals can they expect to have per month?   (Too many new AirBnB hosts have crazy profit expectations.)

Lisa, as a co-host you will need to tell your owners how they are going to benefit from your services.  It is great to take on the paperwork, but since AirBnB takes a big chunk just for "hosting the website", how are you going to promote rentals and create larger profits for your owners?  My last property manager nickel and dimed me for every guest contact and had NO clue what the cleaning staff was doing or not doing.