Business licenses and taxes

Scott2123
Level 2
Jacksonville, FL

Business licenses and taxes

I cannot seem to find anywhere that it tells me whether I need a business license and what taxes, if any, I am supposed to be collecting. How have others gone about finding this critical information to support their business? I am in Jacksonville FL so anything specific to this location would be amazing, but I will take any general guidance anyone can provide. Thank you.

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

A two second search on Google brought up lots of information on STR regulations/licensing in Jacksonville https://www.jacksonvillebeach.org/DocumentCenter/View/1437/Short-Term-Vacation-Rental-Certificate-Ap... 

@Scott2123 

I'm sure finding out about local taxes will be as easy 😀

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Scott2123 , your best bet is checking your local jurisdiction I.e. city, county etc…for guidance. The link @Helen3, provided would be a great start. 

Best—

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Scott2123 , Have you had a chance to look at the tips shared by Hosts @Ana2038 and @Helen3? Have you already explored the links or resources they've shared? 

There are also a few Airbnb Help Centre articles that may help with a brief idea of Hosting regulations and license requirements in Florida : 

👉 Rules for State of Florida  

👉 Rules for Jacksonville, FL 

👉 Occupancy tax collection and remittance by Airbnb in Florida 

Hope it helps!🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you Bhumika. Yes I have since found these articles as well and I changed the parameters of my internet search such that much more information came up. Asking the right question in the right way is the key to getting what one is looking for!

Best Regards,

Scott

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much for coming back and updating us @Scott2123 ! If you find more relevant information, that has not been listed elsewhere, do share them with the community 😍 It will definitely help new Hosts seeking similar information and visiting this thread 🌻  

By the way, have you already applied for relevant licences required for hosting?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines