Cancellation

Mitchel5
Level 2
St. Petersburg, FL

Cancellation

Well I'm glad I'm not hosting this guest but she picked the non-refundable option. The only thing is that she doesn't check in until another month. But she didn't give me even 11 minutes to respond and start in calling me a piece of **bleep**. How would you guys handle this? I'll tell you what these I guess they're getting very difficult.

1000008882.png

5 Replies 5
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Wow @Mitchel5 

I would say definitely accept that cancelation request (1) to free up the dates and (2) to make sure the guest can't review. I agree that actually hosting would've been a bad outcome here.

@Shelley159 Even though she states she won't be staying or does cancel any review  would be removed according to airbnb's policy. But the principal would be is I would had no problem sending out a  for a request for refund over a month . The non-refundable option is design ed to help protect host. Ultimately most likely I'll probably refunding this guest but the other side of thought is how she comes off very very hostile winning 11 minute time frame has me thinking sticking with a cancellation policy... For right now I told her I'll get back to her by the end of the day I'm going to let her sweat it out 🙂

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Mitchel5 

Somebody sorry but obviously displaying something that has nothing to do with you.  I advise stay away because who knows how being considerate might actually backfire.

I would just tell her she has to cancel with Airbnb CS and request a refund.  Do not say if you will give or not just that is the process which it is you don't have any money yet.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Presuming it's clear up front in your listing your hot tub isn't working and the garden is shared, I'd just confirm to the guest she chose the non refundable option in return for a lower price.

screenshot the info in your listing showing the garden shared and send to her.

i would say as a gesture of goodwill on your part if she decides to cancel and you get a replacement booking you will refund the guest fee for any nights you get a replacement booking after any replacement guest stays.

say you will not accept swearing or rude responses because she didn't read the listing description.

report her comments to airbnb

Can't see a reference to a hot tub in your listing ???

'

@Helen3 It is not the hot tub is not working it is seasonal. It is not open in the hot summer months in Florida. It is describe in the listing and in reviews. Smh:/ i state it is open form nov-abril.