Coral Springs

Answered!

Coral Springs

I have a problem  I list my home 2 months ago  now the city is after me  they aking for permits  

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Arturo389   I am sorry to say that you must not have done due diligence before listing as an AirBnB.  

A quick google search resulted in the following information:

• Vacation Rentals must be maintained  in compliance with standards contained with the Code of Ordinances and the Land Development Code of the City of Coral Springs.
  • Property owner or authorized agent must be available with authority to address and coordinate solutions to problems with the rental property twenty four (24) hours a  day, seven (7) days a week.
  • All dwelling units shall meet the minimum requirements of the Florida Building Code.
  • Initial and routine inspections of the dwelling unit for compliance are required prior to issuance of license. Click for the inspection checklist.

New Vacation Rental Ordinance

The new ordinance contains provisions related to registering properties, capacity limits, noise control, safety guidelines, code enforcement, and registration suspension if there is a code violation.

Owners who want to use their unit as a vacation rental must register their property with the city, have a property survey and city-approved floor plan, and sign an agreement with the Coral Springs Police Department.

In all rental properties, the maximum occupancy is 16 registered guests. No more than three unregistered guests are allowed, and no unregistered guests are allowed on a property after 10 p.m. from Sunday through Thursday and after 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.

The ordinance also sets square footage requirements for bedrooms, requires a logbook for guests with vehicle tag numbers, and requires properties to have a noise-tracking device.

The code also states that the city monitors Airbnb, FlipKey, Booking.com, VRBO, and Tripadvisor weekly.

The penalty system for breaking the new ordinance is progressive. After a second violation, a property owner will lose their registration license for 30 days.

After four violations, it is 365 days, and then 30 more days for each additional offense.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Arturo389   I am sorry to say that you must not have done due diligence before listing as an AirBnB.  

A quick google search resulted in the following information:

• Vacation Rentals must be maintained  in compliance with standards contained with the Code of Ordinances and the Land Development Code of the City of Coral Springs.
  • Property owner or authorized agent must be available with authority to address and coordinate solutions to problems with the rental property twenty four (24) hours a  day, seven (7) days a week.
  • All dwelling units shall meet the minimum requirements of the Florida Building Code.
  • Initial and routine inspections of the dwelling unit for compliance are required prior to issuance of license. Click for the inspection checklist.

New Vacation Rental Ordinance

The new ordinance contains provisions related to registering properties, capacity limits, noise control, safety guidelines, code enforcement, and registration suspension if there is a code violation.

Owners who want to use their unit as a vacation rental must register their property with the city, have a property survey and city-approved floor plan, and sign an agreement with the Coral Springs Police Department.

In all rental properties, the maximum occupancy is 16 registered guests. No more than three unregistered guests are allowed, and no unregistered guests are allowed on a property after 10 p.m. from Sunday through Thursday and after 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.

The ordinance also sets square footage requirements for bedrooms, requires a logbook for guests with vehicle tag numbers, and requires properties to have a noise-tracking device.

The code also states that the city monitors Airbnb, FlipKey, Booking.com, VRBO, and Tripadvisor weekly.

The penalty system for breaking the new ordinance is progressive. After a second violation, a property owner will lose their registration license for 30 days.

After four violations, it is 365 days, and then 30 more days for each additional offense.