Extended Stay Permits for the City of Los Angeles

Marc729
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Extended Stay Permits for the City of Los Angeles

I received my Extended Stay Permit from the City Of Los Angeles on 9/8/20.

Extended Stay Permits are valid for one year from date of issue.  

But as of today the "counter" on my LISTINGS page says I have: "216 nights booked and 150 still available".  I could not have booked 216 nights in only 22 days since the Extended Permit was issued.   There should rather be approximately  343 days left to book, not 150 days.  (And currently there are only 92 days left in 2020).  So clearly there is a disconnect.

I've reached out multiple times to the help desk with no luck.  I was passed on to an "email team" that ignored my question.

I understand that the permit process is it its first year and there are problems that will need to be sorted.  This is one of them.

Can you please help, or advise on how to get this addressed?

thanks!

Marc

8 Replies 8
Valerie30
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi, Marc! I’m trying to find my local rep in Venice to run interference with the city. Maybe you have someone in your district?

Hi Valerie. I have had no luck getting any response. But I did reach out to my city Council member and they were helpful in clarifying things. That’s what I would suggest. Good luck!

Hi Mark, 

I'm a new host in LA and i also hit the limit of 120 days. Now i received another email for $3.10 per night. Are these all the fees we have to pay? I would love to talk to you in regards to applying for the extended permits. 

Hi Lu.  Airbnb collects the additional $3.10/night and remits that to the city.  You would only need to pay if you used a different platform apart from or in addition to airbnb.  And happy to answer any questions with regards to the extended permit too.

Marc

Would love to text or talk to you. I'm at 818-585-7098. Thank you Marc! 

Hi Mark,

Where do you find the paperwork needed to apply for the extended stay permits on  the airbnb site? I found and sent the detailed payouts (proof of the 60 nights)

that I sent but was turned down because it doesn't have the name and address of the property on it.  Do you remember what you submitted and where it was?

Thanks!

Carole

Jason40
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hello!  I am looking to apply for the extended home share. One question I have regarding the letters we have to send to neighbors. It says that the city will do that. I live in a condo complex so who would they send the letters to? Thanks for any insight 🙂