First Time listing issues

Suzy98
Level 2
Alto, NM

First Time listing issues

I have a personal account for several years to travel and am now wanting to list a property with ABB.  I can create a listing and preview it on the host side of my account, but I am not able to set Taxes, enter my Tax ID, add Cleaning fees or select a cancellation policy.  When on the listings tab on the host side, I do not have access to the Links (...).  So do I deactivate my personal account and create a new one for business rentals?  Am I missing something in the Account area?  Very frustrated at this point, having struggled with this since last week - trying to get someone to assist at ABB.  Not having this issue with VRBO 

Any advice would be appreciated....

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Suzy98 

If you want to run the listing as a business (like adding a VAT number etc.), you need to add your business details to convert into a business account: Account Settings >Settings >Create Company Account

If you want it remain a personal account, then read the information about other taxes (like occupance taxes etc..) here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1036/how-does-occupancy-tax-collection-and-remittance-by-airbnb-...

adding cleaning fee (price section), setting cancellation options etc. should be settings available when managing your listing.

Added:

I see now you are located in the US, so no idea how VAT (if exists ? ) works in your country

For other taxes in New Mexico related to Airbnb see:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2318/occupancy-tax-collection-and-remittance-by-airbnb-in-new-me...

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Thanks Emiel

Yes,  I am in the States and we have sales tax that I understand ABB handles and we have a Local lodgers fee that is not handled by ABB.  I switched to hosting and the dashboard shows home, inbox, reservations, calendar, listings, performance, team, tasks, help;  when I select Account from the dropdown on my user photo in the upper right corner of the screen, I can access Account, but that page does not have a drop down, no tab or text link called settings - just the 9 tabs for personal Info, Login/Security, Payments, Notification.  

Thanks for the link on taxes...we are not one of the 4 cities that ABB is collecting both taxes and submitting, so I need to find a spot to collect from the guest, that is once I get the listing working properly!

I appreciate your response

Suzy

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Suzy98  There is certain information that you can only add after the listing is published.