For Black History Month, these Hosts shared the keys to their success

Airbnb
Official Account

For Black History Month, these Hosts shared the keys to their success

image2.png

As part of our celebration of Black History Month, we spoke with two Superhosts about how they became entrepreneurs—and the hosting insights they’ve gathered from day one to today.

Among many practical tips about growing your business, these Hosts shared that thinking strategically about nightly rates, keeping careful accounting records, and investing in their spaces from the beginning really paid off. We got so many great suggestions that we were inspired to launch a new series of articles about entrepreneurship and the business aspects of hosting. 

We’re starting our series by featuring tips from Host Advisory Board member @Pam5  of Malindi, Kenya, an entrepreneur and founder of a wedding planning company; and former Host Advisory Board member @Samuel604 of Philadelphia, a teacher and entrepreneur—or, as he puts it, a “teacherpreneur.”

Head to the Resource Center to read the full article!

And tell us: How do you manage your finances and grow your hosting business?

If you have any resources that have been particularly helpful, please share them with us!

18 Replies 18
Pam5
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Malindi, Kenya

Thank you so much for this post.

Airbnb has been a great  journey for me and I keep learning new things along the way.

Keep them coming. 

#Happyhosting 

PamG
Eunice136
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

this is so encouraging. I started hosting a week ago and my first guests trashed the place and broke several items, I even started doubting if i could do this anymore but my second guests were a delight. I look forward to more experiences and i am ready to learn from my fellow hosts.

eunice njeru

Same here

Mauva0
Level 1
Snellville, GA

This is great information. I am new at hosting and will incorporate your suggestions. I just ended my first 5 days of hosting, this was a nightmare. I did not check the reviews before accepting, first mistake. They booked for 2 adults and 2 kids, turns out there were at least 6 people in the space. Pets were never discussed, they had 3 dogs and a cat. They locked themselves out and I had to go let them in and the filth I walked into. It was unbelievable that people could live like this. Any suggestions for me for my next hosting gig?