Government Discounts?

Government Discounts?

Hi 

I am received a request for someone wanting to book saying that they are coming into town on a fire assignment through the USFS and are asking if we would honor the "government rate" for their stay? What is the "government rate"? I can't seem to find anything posted online about what the "government rate" would even be? Any insight would be helpful! Thanks! 

3 Replies 3

@Randall96   "Government Rate" doesn't exist on Airbnb, nor do senior or military discounts. It's just a thing some larger hotel chains do. The guest should know better. 

Agencies responsible for housing volunteer relief workers might contact participant hosts in Airbnb's Open Homes program for a free or subsidized stay. But that's not your guest's situation - this person is a federal employee on a work assignment, who will ultimately submit the receipts for the stay for reimbursement.  If you choose to accept the request, you can simply advise this person that the listed rate is final, and Airbnb will provide the documentation they need for their expenses.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Randall96  The Govt. Rate would be what their employer is willing to cover. Anything above and beyond that the guest would have to pay out of pocket. 

The govt. rate is probably adequate and reasonable for the employee to book something for themselves. But if they want to book a 4 guest entire house listing like yours, possibly travelling with friends or family, or just because it appeals to them, they should expect that they are not going to get it for the same price as a private room listing or a Motel 6 room. 

Stick to your posted rate.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

As the others have said, @Randall96 , there is nothing to honour here. In cases like these, I write something like: No, and I understand completely that this will be a deal-breaker. All the best finding a place that better fits your work budget.

Because you really don't want this booking. Asking for discounts is a rocky start to what is often a rocky booking.