Guest Reviews - Listings not being displayed in the notification email

Steven532
Level 6
Longford, Australia

Guest Reviews - Listings not being displayed in the notification email

Hi 

A few months back the individual listing stopped appearing in the notification email from AirBnB ( the one which asks Hosts to do the review). I contacted AirBnB and they acknowledged  a system error in the upgrade and it was rectified overnight. 

It started again about 10-14 days ago and the AIrBnB Superhost "Support" has been totally useless about it, even to the extent I am thinking that I have been chatting to AI and not a human - over several days.  Why do I say that?  The quality of the messaging ** is dreadful.  This ** says they have no information about it, there have been no changes and sorry they cannot help more (over and over and over). This is even though I supplied screenshots of the pre and post change.

It wouldn't be an issue for Hosts with a single listing but those of us with multiple, it is time wasting.

This is mindnumbingly annoying (the issue and the lack of help).

Anyone else having either of these problems?  The Support issue is commonplace now. I find that the standard responses with no actual help happens in 80%+ of occasions.

Steven

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

10 Replies 10
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Steven532 ,

Were you able to get this resolved?

Do you have any suggestions for fellow Community members in case they run into the same issue?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika

This has not been resolved and indeed AirBnB operatives have refused to help in any meaningful way. They don't consider it an issue. If it isn't why did they change the process in the first place and now deny they did?

It's all very perplexing.

Steven

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Steven532 ,

I am really sorry that you are facing these issues. Can you please share the screenshots in this thread, so that I can pass them on with details to the technical team to dig in and get some clarity?

Please use @ to mention me, so that I can get notified of your response.

-----

Hi @Bhumika 

Would you advising what your role in helping would be? Are you an AirBnB employee?  I ask as AirBnB support staff (from my experience over the past 6 months) are not interested in resolving beyond normal issues. They just keep sending pre formatted answers and when they prepare their own, understanding it is very hard - poor english and syntax. I actually wondered if I was chatting to an AI Bot with one of the issues - it was so terribly unhelpful.

Steven

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Steven532,

Myself and other Community Managers on this forum are from the Community Center team, and not Customer Support.

However
, if provided with the necessary screenshots, I will be able to get in touch with the technical team to look into your issue and get some clarity on whether it is a general bug.

Although I cannot guarantee any results, I will make sure to get back to you in case I receive any shareable info. I hope this helps!

-----

Hi @Bhumika 

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you. Running an AirBnB business with staff, takes up a lot of time - which was the point I made to AirBnB Support when I highlighted the issue about review requests coming from AirBnB without any information about which listing it was for - just the name of the guest. That is not helpful with seven listings and multiple guests coming and going. Goodness knows what happens to those poor Superhosts with dozens+ of listings.

To be honest, providing screenshots so you can give them to Support, when they actually already have them, seems pointless. They have access to my account and the following might help:

This is the person who had no idea (constantly) what I was talking about and didn't really seem to care:

** and there was an equally unhelpful person named "**". Undoubtedly "**" should be easy to find, less so, "John"

Just to provde a final bit of clarity...

Requests from AirBNB, to a host (or at least me) to complete a Review of the guest are not coming with any information on which listing they are for - they used too!  The email header is: Write a review for  - Guest name - group. The link to Airbnb also doesn't provide anymore detail.

The extensive standard responses and an extraordinary lack in knowledge or insight from '**" & '**' was breathtaking. Each step seemed designed to ensure I gave up and in fact this is the last email I will write on the issue, so they win.

Ironically, I received my Superhost accreditation again this month (with travel credit). Thousands of guests, hundreds of bookings, 575 reviews and here I am totally frustrated.

Cheers

Steven

**[Image containing picture of a guest removed  - Community Center Guidelines]

**[Image containing picture of a guest removed  - Community Center Guidelines]

That is all I get. No information on the listing at all. 

And I might add that the guest names are becoming useless as well. I had one with a profile name of A  recently - refer below. What on earth is going on with ID checks, where a single letter is sufficient for a guest's name?

**[Image containing picture of a guest removed  - Community Center Guidelines]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Steven532 ,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback about it. 

Seems like this is not a technical bug but the design. I would recommend adding your feedback for Airbnb Team here via the Feedback Form.

On a side note, how are you doing these days? Has it been busy with guests?

-----